A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound loop overlapping from section to section?

Cool Sound loop overlapping from section to section?

The Site in question: http://www.thesequels.com. I'm trying to add an on/off sounds button for the loop.

The movie consists of four parts on one main time line.
    Intro (stop)
    Come See Us (stop)
    Meet The Band (stop)
    Song List (stop)

I've made a movie clip with two key frames, first frame has the loop and an off button with an action on release to play next frame (and a stop action) and an on button with previous frame in second key frame (w/stop action as well).

The button works. That's not where the problem is. When I jump from the intro to the first section, everything is fine. If I jump from the first section to the last section, it's fine too. If I jump from the third section back to the second section, the loop starts to overlap.

The movie clip is in one layer and starts at the intro as exists throughout the movie. I'm sure I need some actions somewhere.

Help!

Thanks...

try setting the loop sound to "start" sync and see if that prevents the overlap effect.

Originally posted by hp3
    try setting the loop sound to "start" sync and see if that prevents the overlap effect.
    Thanks, I'll try that and let you know!

Overlapping Sounds

Originally posted by hp3
    It helped with the overlapping sound but when I turned the music off and jumped to a new section, the music came back on. Even the movie clip's second frame still appeared with the "no music" icon I created. hmmmmm

----
    but when I turned the music off and jumped to a new section, the music came back on.
    ----
    I assume this means that the movie clip containing your sound is being re-played when you go to a new "section".

Are you using scenes?

Originally posted by hp3
    ----
    I assume this means that the movie clip containing your sound is being re-played when you go to a new "section".

Are you using scenes?
    Thanks, no scenes. Everything is on one main time line. I have a keyframe starting in the intro so the loop starts (I've masked it there so the user can't turn the loop off and it appears when you jump to a section further down the time line. The "start" sync does help with the overlapping.

I'm looking into a global variable actionscript to help control the movie clip.?? Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

not without more information about your movie structure.

make sure you dont have a looping timeline or mc that somehow retriggers the sound mc.

One main time line, 225 key frames long:
    Preloader from 1 to 25th key frame.

Intro from 30 to 135, the key frame with the movie clip that contains the loop on/off buttons
    starts at keyframe 31 and exists to frame 225.

I have another loop that starts at frame 95 and the necessary stop actions to control that one.

From the intro at the stop action, the user can jump to any of these three sections further down the
    timeline.

Come See Us from 145 to 164

Meet The Band from 170 to 193

Song List from 200 to 225.

That's it. Again the movie clip toggleing the on off works very well. Let's say I'm at the intro
    stop action frame (I've masked the movie clip so you can't see the on/off button) and I jump to the
    first section. The on/off button appears, I click it and the loop stops and the off button icon
    in the movie clip appears. If I click in order to the second section and to the third section, the
    button works. If I click back from the third section to the first or second, the loop comes back on.

Again, thanks for your help. I'm still diggin away in my flash book.

got it

I have an action script that works.

Thanks....