A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: average charge for flash project

Question

I hope I don't get in trouble for asking a non-animation question here, but what the hell, here you go:
    How much what would you charge on average for a:
    (a) basic
    (b) intermediate
    (c) advanced
    flash project? What are the guidelines? (size, duration, complexity,etc.) and would my location (S. Florida) be a factor? Are there any recommended sites for this knid of info?
    Anybody with a slight sense of entrepeneurship please let me know.
    thanx

Cool

Valeu amigo. Acontece que sou designer, nao empresario, mas um dia vai o cliente chega, ne? ate' mais...

p.s. sorry, just practicing my portuga

Talking

Ay Carumba!
    Your portuguese is great!!! Você é brasileiro? Se precisar de mais alguma coisa, escreva. O meu mail é para isso.
    By the way, don't follow much other prices - if you feel your price is fair, get on with it.

(everybody else-sorry about the portuguese stuff, but couldn't resist!)

Talking

yep, lived in brasil for 9 years (my mom's brazilian), and my wife's brazilian too.
    anything else, just e-mail me, else they'll complain we're cloggin the place up with chit chat
    See ya around dude

Talking

LOL
    It really depends on a lot of other factors too. For instance, you make a file 300k, advanced skills, with sound and animation. You could charge US$50 or US$1580... My point of view is this: if you charge low, its easy to start but it means a lot of work to make real bucks. If you charge high, less work, more bucks. You must find your own fair price - that's the best way. Start, for example, by fixing your price per hour. How much does one hour of your work costs? Then, calculate how much time to get a flash project done - in a) b) and c) situations. Then, you can even charged for criativity factors - did your client supplied all the art work or not? And so on, and so on...
    Finally, you can contact some flash designers and pretend to be a customer - until they tell you the prices. But that's delicated... and don't do it with me!