A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good First person shooter...

Anybody know of any, i've been in the mood to play one for a while. I want a mix of strategy and action. Any other games you know that are great fun would be good too.

Resident überkind
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein!!

Half-Life....the ultimate FPS!

doom

Resident überkind
    Doom?! DOOM?!? Dude, you've been smoking way too much mistletoe. Half-life, agreed, but just get Wolfenstein.

Then give it to me.

Originally posted by Weevil
    Doom?! DOOM?!? Dude, you've been smoking way too much mistletoe. Half-life, agreed, but just get Wolfenstein.

Then give it to me.
    chill....i never said it was the best, but i don't really play first-person shooters. It was just the first one that came to mind

I havn't played Return to Castle Wolfinstine yet...I run a game reveiew site...and we haven't...crap...which reminds...I need to send out a request for it...that would be why we havn't gotten a copy yet!

Resident überkind
    Dude! I wanna run a game review site!

quake
    unreal
    half life

just go to a game site and look in their first person section and u should get tons.

Goldeneye.
    Don't have an N64?
    Buy one and get Goldeneye.

Less than epic
    internet freebie= Alien X at shockwave.com (you need a a computer speed greater than .5 gigs to play it at maximum potential)

My favorite: Counter-Strike

First buy Half life, then go to http://www.counter-strike.net to download the mod. Counter strike is a totally multiplayer game, unless if you download bots and use them to play off line.

Return to castle Wolfenstein. Mad game, AI is good, the enemy are sneaky.

Alien vs Pred 2. It's okay there's a few glitches that annoyed me, but for entertainment's worth. it's a cool game considering you get to choose different campaigns such as the Predator, the Aliens, or the Humans.

Serious Sam. loads of pointless killing, you get bored after a while, but if you're into games that have waves and waves of enemies running towards you, this game is for you, It includes a Co-op feature so you and your mates can join in the fun too. Serious Sam 2 is coming out soon too.

Max Payne, Not a first person shooter, a 3rd to be exact.
    it's a cool game with a cheasy but still cool story line.
    it has this feature called bullet time, where you can activate it, and move your character around in slow motion, and fire your weapon, enabling you to dodge bullet spray and position yourself properly to gun down your targets. I liked this game alot.

Kilabry - your site's not working

I just tried to check out your site for 'cool kids' and got a blank black page. I use IE 6, and my system is teethed out with every codec, plug-in, and java script, so what gives?

Maybe I'm not cool enough.... Although my mommy tells me I'm special, so I doubt that's the case! lol.

Resident überkind
    Max Payne is a brilliant game, especially when you load it up with mods, then use codes. I think you should buy that and play it, even though there's no multiplay.
    I suggest ultimate mod. Slower bullettime, ability to use almost every weapon akimbo and Max has some slick kung fu stylin's. I never get tired of jumping on those fat gangsters heads.

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Originally posted by Thor, Clod of Blunders
    Counter strike is a totally multiplayer game, unless if you download bots and use them to play off line.
    Where can I get these bots?

Counter-Strike is an awsome action online game.
    it's so much fun!

Originally posted by gasbag15
    Where can I get these bots?
    Here you are gasbag - http://bot.counter-strike.net/

I'll ask my mate which is the better bot but I think it's RealBot.

As for this thread, does the new Aliens vs Predator 2 count?

I know they've all been said.. but.

WOLFENSTEIN IS DA SHTUFF
    very intense. first game to actually scare me in a long time

and of course...... Counterstrike for Halflife - if your into multiplay, this is the game of choice

Serious Sam - boring fast, but you can go through the whole game in multiplay mode which seems quite unique. Great game for the frustrated super-geek

Merry Flashmas!

Originally posted by EvolveDesigns

WOLFENSTEIN IS DA SHTUFF
    very intense. first game to actually scare me in a long time
    have you played the wolfenstein demo?? I thought it sucked! Just rehashed crap with lttle thought gone into the gameplay.

i have been far more impressed with the new medal of honor game, you can get a multiplayer demo from file planet. The graphics are better than wolfenstein's (even though it uses the same engine) it runs faster over the net than the wolfenstein mp demo, and the gameplay is much much better.

check it out.

i may be a bit bias because i'm friends with the lead graphic designer for wolfenstein, but I think it kicks! Never played the demo...
    I'll definitly check out metal of honor though