A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cool Adventure Car Game...

This is a really awsome adventure car game. It is my first attempt at a flash game and was developed at TAFE and has taken several months (not full on) to create, but the overall game is quite impressive and fun. The aim of the game is to drive your car around a city and pick up chicks in order to enter the club.

Basic plot but it is tricky to finish. It is sort of an adventure where you get to explore the city search for those chicks. Please reply to this post and give me feedback on how good it was. Thanks.

http://www.geocities.com/car_game/

It doesn't sound like you need anyone to tell you how good it is. It sounds like you're pretty confident of that already.

But it actually is quite well done. It's much better than I expected when I read "first attempt" and "pick up chicks."

Keep up the good work.

its a bit big but not a bad game at all.

well done.

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    very nice game
    one thing though

i can t drive on the left side of the road

Originally posted by magnetos
    very nice game
    one thing though

i can t drive on the left side of the road
    Yeah, I thought this might happen. I live in Australia so I made it for our side.

By the way, can anyone let me know if they manage to complete it, I am able to do it but no one in my class could.

One cow army..OH NOES!
    Well i found so slow! that's enough to make someone not to play!!!
    but cool graphics

best regards

It was really fun and I wouldve loved it, but it was UNBELIEVABLY slow! Even with the Low quality on. And I have a PIII 500 Mhz, 256 Ram macine! I wouldnt even attempt it on anything less. If you can do soemthing about that, then it would be one of my favorite on line games.

Yeah, the speed is the only drawback. When I was developing it, I thought about speed so I didn't use any gradients in the graphics cause gradients really slow it down. But unfortunatley, it is still slow and there is alot of scripting (especially when there are heaps of pedestrians), so it does go a little slow. But the speed isn't really that bad that it cannot be played.

Daflashar, Actually it is that bad. I would have loved to play more of the game, but I got frustrated because the game slowed to a stop most of the time. And I dont consider my computer slow.

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    have you guys tried to close any web page that uses flash
    before playing the game ? i did and it works pretty well
    by me

i have a p3 600mhz

ciao
    magnetos

Yeah the turning needs to be quicker otherwise good job! oh yeah and the cars in the parking lot need hittest!

I love your game. It didn't run that slow on my computer, and it's ancient (but I didn't have any other Flash things running, which probably helped a lot). I loved the preloading bar. How did you do that?

Originally posted by tonyr1988
    I love your game. It didn't run that slow on my computer, and it's ancient (but I didn't have any other Flash things running, which probably helped a lot). I loved the preloading bar. How did you do that?
    Well for the preloader, I made the percent loaded equal the current frame of a movie clip which has 100 frames. I had the car animate from the top to the bottom. And at each frame 10, 20, 30 etc, I lighted the blue lines and put a sound on the frame. Do you understand?

I am curious as to how many people have actually completed the game and got all the chicks. I have done it but can anyone else???