A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pixel fonts going blurry in input textfield

I'm working on something & using a pixelfont. I also want to use it for the input fields. So I aligned the fields on whole number coordinates & all is well.. but all isn't well because once the user types more characters than fit in the input field the textscrolls a bit to the left and the damn font goes all blurry.. I hope someone has a solution for me (and no, I don't want to make the textfield wider or limit the number of characters to something like 30)
    thx in advance

when you draw up the text field, make sure that its size is in whole pixels as well (do not use a transform!) its a bit fiddly, but it works
    hope this helps.

it just doesn't work for me.. i made a textfield (took a while before I got it in whole pixels - no transforms) but it still blurs the hell out of the font when going beyond the textfield.. i had a look at your site c_cosenza, (which is nice) and it does seem to work there... why doesn't it work for me?

i also have problems with this sometimes. what pixel font are you using?
    are you also sure you tried modifiy -> transform -> remove transform on the field? try drawing up a brand new field as well.

i did already try drawing up a new text field but it didn't work.. also tried remove transforms but it didn't have any effect. I'm using kroeger 05_53 (miniml, all caps. The strange thing is that I got it to work sometimes, but everytime it works it's obviously gonna be the wrong size.. I haven't found any pattern yet as to why i get it to work sometimes and most times not.. it's getting pretty annoying now.. I'm gonna try a couple more and hope luck decides to give me a hand.. but if you know any more.. please.. coz i don't like having to rely on luck very much

well, i am going home for the day now, put up a copy of your .fla and i will have a look at it tomorrow.
    good luck.
    oh, and you only view it in flash player right, or in a browser? important.

Smile

yes, i viewed it in flash player the whole time.. well, I managed to get three fields the sizes I wanted them which work well.. simply by trial & error.. I still don't see any pattern as to when it works & when it doesn't.. i suppose I'll have to deal with that next time the problem arises..

thx for replying c_cosenza

i had a look into this problem, this morning. i used to have problems with this as well as i said before. the only thing that makes it work is to have the text field size on whole pixels as well. it takes a few extra minutes to draw it to exact measures, but it works then.
    good luck

I have the same problem with that set of fonts.

im trying to use them in a simple text label, and they still blurr, it needs to be size 8, what exact numbers should i enter?

will htis cure the blurring i get?