A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Design school, please help?

Lightbulb

Hiya.

Im new to designing web page with Flash and i just learn a lot about actionscript. I have a little problem, i need some help with layout and doing my interface.

I was wondering if these new design school (those online like Itcatmedia) are a good deal? I visit their website yesterday and saw there was a course about layout. Think i can learn a lot from them or should i spend my precious earned bucks on some book or learn from tutorial on the internet?

Thanks.

Evelyne Demontmirail

i would spend your money on a local course, like a night class or something, nothing beats having a teacher there to ask and answer questions.

i would hire me and I send you files and disect them for you... + im always online to answer your questions

Originally posted by aversion
    i would spend your money on a local course, like a night class or something, nothing beats having a teacher there to ask and answer questions.

I'll second that, I just completed 3 years of internet and graphic related classes. LOCAL SCHOOL all the way.
    books, videos, websites, and forums are cool and helpful, but to get maximum help in the most effiecient time frame, - college!!!!!!!!

Rogue

i never took a design school or went to anything that was like a design school. I took a course in HTML and JavaScript and taught myself everything else i know (some asp, xml, Flash, ActionScript, some DHTML).

I just looked around at sites for designs and comented on them. I took mental notes of what people did and didn't do and then i made sites on my own just for fun and experience. I still do that and I have been making sites for about 3 years now. All thats left to do is find time to make them.

If you want to go to a design school, by all means do. I would also take courses at local schools rather than online, I just think it's better in person.

Later