A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Onion Skin - NEED HELP!

I would like to know how to keep the onion skins displayed in the fla as part of the actual movie... basically - how do i use onion skins? i cannot find ANYTHING ANYWHERE on the web about them!
    Please help - e-mail me if you like...

I didn't think you could keep the onion skins on during the actual .fla because they are just a tool to view a few frames at the same time so that you can line frames up....but if you figure out you can do it post it up and i'll obsorb it

mike

------------------
    Take advantage of what you have because you could loose it in a second.....21/03/00
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000773.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Exclamation

First you should read the help files that come with Flash.

Now you could hit the "Print Screen" Key
    next to the F12 key
    Then paste the screen into the .fla.
    next you would want to Trace BitMap.
    And then cut or delete out what you dont need.

That is the only way i know of that would work.

Here is a part from the help file...

Onion-skinning
    Normally, Flash displays one frame of the animation sequence at a time on the Stage. To help you position and edit a frame-by-frame animation, you can see multiple frames on the Stage at once. The frame under the playhead appears in full color, while surrounding frames are dimmed, making it appear as if each frame were drawn on a sheet of translucent onion-skin paper and the sheets were stacked one on top of another. Dimmed frames cannot be edited.

Hope that Helps
    Later...

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000085.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You can fake it by using the duplicate movie command and set the alpha at 50% and then copy that movie clip and set that at 75% and so on. Then just set the distance you want it to be from the original. to see that code just look at a mouse trailer that uses text. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>