A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my sound is distorted

Unhappy

i have a 56-second streamed wav file in its own layer. it sounds fine when i play it through sound recorder or another player, but in flash the file is rather distorted. i've tried changing the compression rates but it sounds the same each time. i'm pretty new to flash but i've done a few where the wavs sound ok. sorry if this is a bonehead question. but i've tried everything i know.

thanks

What do you mean sound recorder?
    Are you recording music on a multitrack recorder and then rerecording it on to your computer?

I guess i need more information from you so i can get your question answered.

I can tell you when you import a .wav and then publish your movie/animation that when you convert to mp3 the sound won't sound as good as the wav file but unless you have a golden ear at 128kbps most people wont know the difference.

You can ever choose 160kbps.

So get back with me and let me know..

Later

sorry.. i just meant when i play the wav file outside of flash, it sounds fine meaning it's not the file itself. however, inside flash the file sounds kind of staticky almost as if the bass were turned way up. it's definitely noticeable but since i haven't had this problem before i'm not sure if it's solvable or not. thanks for any help...

Im not sure why it would increase at the bass frequencies.

You say it sounds distorted.
    was it a mp3 converted back to .wav?
    do you have the orignal .wav?

[This message has been edited by jydnas (edited 24 March 2000).]

i have the original wav in as much as i haven't altered it since i got the file.. however, i can't speak for its history. though i doubt it was ever anything but a wav. i've gone ahead and published the file with just the sound layer. if you want to hear it's at http://justagirl.com/bad.html. i've also published the wav file which is http://justagirl.com/bulls.wav. i edited the file down to 34 seconds thinking maybe length was the issue, but it's distorted in all the same places as the 56-second version (mostly the latter half). if you have time to take a listen, that'd be great.

thanks

[This message has been edited by jenfavre (edited 24 March 2000).]