A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Great site, but a few small suggestions

Lightbulb

Hi, I have to say this site is great... the best of its kind... but here are a few things that I think would make this place a little better.

1. Forum Avatars (check http://www.ffaddicts.com then go to their forums, they have avatars (images under there names)).

You can select from a list or have a custom avatar. Its kinda like a groovy little feature.

2. Also private messaging is a useful system. You could use it as an in-site e-mail system so to speak.

3. Also user ranks/ratings, it encourages GOOD posting and deters people from spamming just to increase the post count. They seem to be more interested in being popular than looking popular that way (IMO).

4. Then there is larger SWiSH support, SWiSH is getting more powerful and more people are going for it. I only use Macromedia Flash at college. I use SWiSH at home as its cheaper and the results can be just as good (with a little talented work).

Maybe having SWiSH tutorials and open source would be good. (So everything you have for Flash have for SWiSH)

Thants my 2 cents anyway... I'm done rambling for now

Originally posted by ShaddowFlare
    Hi, I have to say this site is great... the best of its kind... but here are a few things that I think would make this place a little better.

1. Forum Avatars (check http://www.ffaddicts.com then go to their forums, they have avatars (images under there names)).

3. Also user ranks/ratings, it encourages GOOD posting and deters people from spamming just to increase the post count. They seem to be more interested in being popular than looking popular that way (IMO).
    You get the avatar once you get 1000 posts. You only got 996 posts to go. Plus here's what happens after a certain number of posts -
    0-29: New Member
    30-99: Member
    100-249: Senior Member
    250-499: Executive Member
    500-999: FK Board Crew
    1000+: FK Board Heavyweight

At 500, you can pick your own title.

About that user ranks/rating, um pretty much everyone that posts on these boards have something good to say. Just a slight few spam these boards.

Here's a page on the top Flash Kit posters - http://board.flashkit.com/board/memb...ers&perpage=10

yeah you can get avatars, see left (my really old one )

rankings also applies here, look at post counts and status'

this private messaging exisits on later versions of vbulletin than is currently being run here, hoepfully in the near future well get an upgrade