A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is it possible to fade audio with a script?

Hybrid View

Question

Hey,
    My name is Josh. I've been working with audio in Flash, and there is one thing that I've been trying to do but can't. Maybe you have some ideas.

I would like to be able to fade loops or songs out before loading a new SWF into my zero layer. In other words:

On Release fade all sounds to zero over 12 frames and then Load Movie
    %^$#&$#.swf into layer zero.

Know what I'm saying? I wrote to Macromedia and they suggested creating
    some keyframes or movies that basically have pre arranged fades in them so when you go there you get the illusion of fade out. But, obviously this won't work because the point where somebody clicks a button or link (say on the 2 of a 4/4 measure) may not be at exactly the right moment to flow into
    the little fake fade out (which you've probably built to start on the 1 of a
    given measure. And assuming that your loop or song is more than one measure long you'll probably end up starting in a completely different measure altogether).

Any suggestions???

Im not any good at action scripts so i don't really know if that is possible.

You might want to ask the moderators in the
    actionscript forum or general help.

Flash is more for animation, and web design.

I wonder if macromedia has ever heard of SMPTE Time Code.

Just a thought...

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000085.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>