dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: All of a sudden, Flash will not open! HELP!

I'm in a panic here!
    I've been using Flash on my Macintosh with no problems for months, and all of a sudden, it won't open now. I just get a "error of type 1" message. I've tried getting help from Apple, but I thought maybe some of you guys would know also....

Thanks for any suggestions!

Type 1 Bus Error This means the computer tried to access memory that doesn't exist. You can get this error on almost any Macintosh. If one of these computers tried to access one or more bytes beyond the total number of bytes in RAM, you see a bus error. You should never see this error on a Macintosh Plus or SE, because address references that are out of bounds "roll over". This means if one of these computers tries to access one byte beyond the total bytes in RAM, it actually accesses the first byte in memory. If you see this error on a Macintosh Plus or SE, it's reporting the wrong error or having hardware problems.
    Have you upgraded to Flash 5.0a? If not, try a desktop rebuild or zapping the PRAM [both are explained in Mac Help]. You can also try allocating more RAM to the application itself.

try not smoking so much crack when you use your ibook... it gets resin smoke all over the electronics and they short out after a while

go here - download engrish version:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...r.html#english

your welcome

restart holding the option + apple + P + R keys. This will zap your PRam hopefully it will bug out your bug.

hi,

chances are that your Flash Preference file is corrupt.

go into your System Folder/Preferences Folder and
    trash the Flash 5 Preferences file.

you'll need your serial number handy if you try this,
    because Flash will ask you to re-enter it.

if Flash still crashes on launch, try closing all your active fonts, because Flash loads the active fonts while launching, and it can be the cause of your crashes.

if closing the active fonts solves it, you'll need to hunt down the culprit by opening your fonts a few at a time.

hope this solves it for you,