dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: photoshop colour differences.. need help

Hybrid View

Unhappy

Hello, I've got this problem with photoshop when I make a image and open it with imageready or fireworks to slice it, it shows darker colours than when working in photoshop.
    The same thing occurs when I save the image as a .jpg for example.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Mr. Smiley

different platforms (ie. fireworks and Photoshop) vary slightly in there colours, if ur going from one platform to another, save as .png and do the colouring last, ie. colourise to how u want when ur just about to export ur final copy in whateva program that may be.

WHAT?

rich

Ambassador of Style
    That's because Photoshop is editing it at it's true color setting. For example, you may have your monitor jacked up to 100% brightness (another might see it with only 80% brightness, etc.)- but that's not how the image is truely, so Photoshop will edit it as it really is. I highly recommend using the Adobe gamma tool that comes with Photoshop - it will help you a lot.

-A02

thanks! I figured it out

No kidding!

Hey, I just discovered the same problem. I'm working on a new design for my site. My site's background color is, for example (RGB) 333333... The background on my images are 333333 too, but when I stick 'em in Dreamweaver (I use Photoshop 6.0 to do my graphics, by the way) and fire it up--they come up a lot darker than that.. I talked to Justin Durban (edgen.com) about this, and he told me about the Proof Setup option (View>Proof Setup>Monitor RGB), but that only shows me how much darker it will be, it doesn't help control it. I have the Photoshop 6 CD, but I'm not seeing the Adobe Gamma Control tool that you talk about. Could I get a lil help here too? Until then, I'll follow richp's advice and try doin the color last... But changing the color of these graphics is about the only thing I'm doin right now I think.. We'll give it a try

I'd appreciate any feedback on this! Thanks guys!

DOH!!!

Oh! I just think I figured out what I did.. I was thinking, and like I said my background was #333333, but NOT in RGB FORMAT, it's in the standard HEX format, it's not R: 33 G: 33 B: 33, it's #333333... I'm so STUPID! lol sorry about that, I just answered my own question.. or did I?? I haven't played with it much, but I'm suspecting that I figured it out.. It should be fine now, thanks guys! I'm an idiot!

I have the Photoshop 6 CD, but I'm not seeing the Adobe Gamma Control tool that you talk about. Could I get a lil help here too?
    The Adobe Gamma wizard can be found in the Windows Control Panel.

Oh there it is Thanks! I'm sure this will help in the future!