A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: basic flash help needed

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ge...11/more3.shtml

with regard to the above website, it was stated that the circle instance should be placed in layer 1 which is a guide layer. how an that be? Guide layers do not appear in a published Flash Player movie, isnt it?

when i try to insert keyframes, my stage becomes blank and i was not able to move my instance along the square. why?

i really appreciate some help. thanks

[Edited by missingyou on 12-28-2001 at 05:56 AM]

flashdevil
    On guidelayers you place lines wich the layer beneath it follows that line. Like this:

You place a line, in the guidelayer

you make an instance of a circle, you place the circle on the layer beneath it, you place the circle on one of the ends of the line

Make a keyframe in lets say frame 10, move the circle to the other end of the line and make a motion tween, now the circle will follow the pad of the line as he goes from one end to the other.

let's say i have 2 layers of which layer 1 is a guide layer.
    should i then place an instance of the circle in layer 1(guide layer) or layer 2?

i choose to put it in layer 2 coz anything in the guide layer will not be in the final movie rite?

after which i make frame 5 of layer 2 a keyframe. however the square outline disappears and im not able to move the circle instance from one of its corner to the other?

what have i done wrong?

Smile

Originally posted by missingyou
    should i then place an instance of the circle in layer 1(guide layer) or layer 2?

i choose to put it in layer 2 coz anything in the guide layer will not be in the final movie rite?

after which i make frame 5 of layer 2 a keyframe. however the square outline disappears and im not able to move the circle instance from one of its corner to the other?

what have i done wrong?
    try swish...

flashdevil

what have i done wrong?
    I really dont get you, maybe you should read the tutorial again? Sorry, i just cant see what you are doing.

Originally posted by fifkikker

what have i done wrong?
    I really dont get you, maybe you should read the tutorial again? Sorry, i just cant see what you are doing.
    ok, i try to rephrase my questions.

what i have done:
    layer1: guide layer with square border
    circle symbol
    layer2: blank

aim: to simulate the circle moving along the path of the square

qn: shld i put the instance of the circle in layer1(guide layer) or layer2?
    as stated in the tutorial, i have to create keyframes at frames5,10,15,20 of layer2. however when i start creating a keyframe at frame5, the stage becomes empty. how then do i follow the instructions in the tutorial to "move the circle instance along the path of the square"?

flashdevil
    Place it in layer2, make sure that there is a keyframe in the first frame with the circle in it. Then make (with F6) new frames.

Maybe you should start over, to begin with a blank stage again.

Hello missingyou,
    A time ago me too I was sweating and studying flash and at the end you throw your books out of the window and try.....
    or you try to make things easier. So I tried swish - with
    satisfaction. It's cheap, it may not do what flash does
    but why all trouble?