dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Size Does Matter..

Where have I been ??
    I was just wondering if any of you can tell me what dimensions you usually make your movies to. It seems that, even putting them at 100% today, they arent going. And since you have the borders.. a real 600x800 or what have you doesnt work.

Are u trying a full screen ?

Where have I been ??

Thing is..

I never publish using Flash. Always heard so many people having problems with it. So I always used my own flash Coding I have, but I have never made full size stuff, so I didnt know if there was an unwritten size to make the movies. I mean, I tried hard pixel code, and percentage, and both were acting screwy. But, I used the publish settings, and after tweaking it out, I am finally getting it somewhere where I like it. Thanks

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    I usually have my stage set to something like 700x550 so I know that it will fit nicely in the browser window of someone using 800x600. Of course that's just a general rule. I have played around with many different options if I plan to have it resize with no HTML borders, or if I'm going to have it in a pop-up window where I control the size. It really depends on the affect you want.

I use the Flash publish options and I haven't had any problems. I do make my own changes to what it does most of the time though.