A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash movie keeps freezing

Thumbs up

Hi everyone.

I am creating a Flash-based movie using Bitmaps and MP3 files. I finished one full file, but when I publish it and then view it in any format (.EXE, .SWF, etc.) the file freezes in the middle of the last scene, scene number 10. The file is around 8 MB long and I cannot find any reason for it to pause where it does. The music in the background continues to play, but the scenes freeze on the current picture. There is no stop command issued anywhere in the entire file, so I cannot figure out what's going wrong. Is there some memory limitation in Flash that I am not aware of?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

-Christopher M. Brendel

I forgot to mention that when I test just that scene separately, it plays through perfectly.

aka Sekka
    Can you list all actionscripts and functions that you use around about the point where it freezes, because a wrong actionscript or anything like that, or a tell target that points to nothing makes it freeze or loop.

ANd as far as I am aware there are no limitations in file size, you can have infinate MB I think.

That's the weird thing: I'm not using action script at all! I'm just having the scene play to the end of the frame, then it goes to the next frame.