A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with the size of movies and another things

Dear me!

If somebody me can give some ideas, it would thank for his time

I'm trying the integration of several programs, I'm in phase of experimentation( movement) to produce 3D comic strips in IFA . heavens! that so hard work.

This is single a test, If you wish to observe the sample, be patient delays a little in loading.
    http://www.josephbrowndesigns.com/3d...movie_187.html

I've used following 3d Character animation software:
    Modeled: Blender - Truespace Movement
    Creation: Life Forms XT Studio 3,9
    Converter: Avi To animated GIF Movies 12(free)
    Assembly: 3d Animator Flash.

I've made the animations like Animated GIF, but unfortunately I had to increase the compression of the animations being in 2 megas and to reduce the quality of the images. this is a very heavy file. has left several experiences to me.

The size of *.GIF frames is of 240x180 HxW, altogether I'm handling about 400 frames in 4 animations generated a * swf of 2,04 MB. and the conversion process is very delayed has had been several days to me happening from a program to another one.

One of the difficulties that I've is to position the Load Movie, because must do frames of the same size that the Main movie to be able to position it, this implies more Megas.

God Lord! How can I optimize the load at the browser and size of the movies at the server!! .

With respect to all this I ask for IFA with the most respectful way, adds the following in the long list of requests, this I say because to nonencounter no option to it within Software.

IFA would've to include the option Convert Image Sequence for Bmps, Jpgs.(Import And Export) and Animated GIF (Export) everybody asks for it.

The Load Movie must have a guide in the Preview, to easily locate it by coordinates X and Y in the place that one wishes.

An option to change the scale of all frames of an animation, because it must be made one by one. Resolution>>Width > > Height > > Resize, is an annoying process to generate animations of more than 30 frames This to be able to play with the final size of the file (animations within Main Movie).

Indeed! this and many of the things asked for by the community, would even improve plus the quality of the software and presentations

Quality of texts in the Browser, bad visibility in small paragraphs.

Models 3D. I've managed to import to IFA. but there is no a real guide. Problems with Normals, Inverted faces, triangulation, the objects must be segmented, accepts meshes? the models must have Hierarchy?. It influences the amount of vertices faces. I'm lost.

Events in the Browser does not work, the Morph and Move Events already almost I've them forgotten.

All Right! I know I'm in a hurry or I go very fast.

Plezzz Make room to the new IFA features.

Thanks in Advance and I hope for its understanding.

Joseph

Hi there - thanks for your post.

Having looked at your animated GIF, its clear the large download size is due to the size and number of animated GIFs. This cannot be avoided. You may achieve an improvement if you use the 'Maximum compression' option at the bottom of the main Movie.
    Secondly, you may wish to consider looking at the problem from another angle. Have you considered making the size of the animated GIF only the size of the character, and using a transparency for anything behind the character. You could then place the transparent animated GIF on top of a single image of a chessboard. By using this combined with a Move element, you could achieve the same result, in a much lesser size.

Conversion tools are being considered for future versions of 3DFA, but will not be available in the next release.

To change the size of all frames, you should be able to simple reduce the size of the animated GIF element. This may not, however, vastly reduce the size of the download, as your downloaded frames are still 240x180.

Quality of text in the browser is a result of the Flash plugin itself (ie,. out of our hands), and the (seemingly) arbitrary method used for font sizing and precision calculations.

3D models section is being reviewed in our next release. You can expect improvements in 2nd quarter 2002.

Move and morph events in the browser seem to be operating correctly (see other posts).

Thanks for you support

InsaneTools

Originally posted by RobStewart
    By using this combined with a Move element, you could achieve the same result, in a much lesser size.

Conversion tools are being considered for future versions of 3DFA, but will not be available in the next release.

To change the size of all frames, you should be able to simple reduce the size of the animated GIF element. This may not, however, vastly reduce the size of the download, as your downloaded frames are still 240x180.

Quality of text in the browser is a result of the Flash plugin itself (ie,. out of our hands), and the (seemingly) arbitrary method used for font sizing and precision calculations.

3D models section is being reviewed in our next release. You can expect improvements in 2nd quarter 2002.

Move and morph events in the browser seem to be operating correctly (see other posts).

Thanks for you support

InsaneTools
    Do see the other posts because despite what Rob Says, we KNOW Move and Morph don't work right.

example of this at
    http://bretlanius.com/flash/robdreams.html

I sure hope we're not waiting untill 2nd Quarter for this to be fixed, It should have been fixed LONG ago, before adding 3d,javascript etc. Move and Morph are so basic that I cannot understand why it's not been fixed. I've been sending examples of this and spoken of this since version 2.5.

Bret

Just for the record, I've had the same problems as Bret, and it is frustrating. This isn't a 100% of the time type thing, but it happens often enough to become unnerving.

-Jason

Another Thing

Thanks to all for its time the esteem much

I want to comment You that really I've had problems with Morph and Move events. Of course work in the preview, but outside(browser) when they are into child movies or loading movies or also lists of actions don't Working appropriately.

With respect to the Animated Gifs. A peculiar aspect that I want to comment to you is the following one:
    If you make an animated GIF and load into IFA, like animation and after uses Paint Image in each one of frames of the *.GIF to create another animation on existing in each frame of the GIF. (all is ok! up to here),

But when you save the file(movie)and you open it again the Paint objects are lost, losing all the work. It seems to be that IFA returns to load the original GIF and don't consider the changes done by the User.

I make this loading the GIF with Load a File Object And selecting Bitmaps *.Gif.

Somebody could try this. or it only happens in my Version

Thanks!!
    Joseph