A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why isn't my movie the size I made it?

I'm in the beginning stages of a movie that I set at 800 wide by 250 tall. I could tell that the dimensions look strange on the screen, like it's not actually those dimensions, but the rulers concur that it's 800 x 250.

I wanted to test the movie before I went much further so I set it to play on a html page, with the html properly calling the movie up in those dimensions. It appears to get the height dimension correctly, but it's definitely not 800 pixels wide -- it looks to be around 450 or 500.

There must be a simple explanation for this. I just don't know what it is. Please help.

Thanks!

Unless I have completely the wrong end of the stick I'd say the problem is with the HTML code.

Easiest way to work-out what's going on is to look at the HTML that Flash Publishes. That way you can learn the different methods.

Go to 'File', 'Publish Settings', tick the HTML option and go to its tab. The 'dimensions' and 'scale' options set whether movies can be resized or not and how they fill a window. Try the different combinations and look at the HTMl generated.

Hope this helps.