A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to Preload in 3D Flash Animator

Is there a way in 3D Flash Animator 3.0 to add some sort of preload-function??

I know how to do it in Macromedia Flash 5, but I find 3D Flash Animator much easier to use. So I tried to import a swf file made in 3D FA into MM Flash, but I run into some problems with that. So I'd like to realise the preload-function within 3D FA.

Please help me, the information provided in the helpfiles from 3D FA is very little.

thnx

Hi there -

3DFA preloads everything by default - is there a specific problem you are experiencing (such as slow animations or something?)

Thanks for your support

InsaneTools

Well Yeah! My animation does run kinda shocky, when opening from a webpage.
    But you are saying that 3DFA preloads by default, so that would mean that when someone has a slow connection, he would first see nothing for a while, and then, after the animation is loaded on his PC in total, he would get to see the animation without stutter? It doesn't really seem that way.

Anyway, can't I add a tiny loading ani, wich shows while the real animation loads?

Originally posted by Yeppo
    Well Yeah! My animation does run kinda shocky, when opening from a webpage.
    But you are saying that 3DFA preloads by default, so that would mean that when someone has a slow connection, he would first see nothing for a while, and then, after the animation is loaded on his PC in total, he would get to see the animation without stutter? It doesn't really seem that way.

Anyway, can't I add a tiny loading ani, wich shows while the real animation loads?
    Sure you can, look for the option in the main panel for your movie. Check the box for Loading Movie and pick the gears or make your own (the other two supplied movies don't work well)

MANY MANY THANKS!!!

I totaly overlooked that option!

Thanks again.