A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Menus

I'm trying to make menu in which a text info or picture appears below the button when there is a mouse over each one of the buttons. I only seem to be able to set an action to show/hide the mouse.
    Please help.

Thanks

Oscar

ScratchingEverything

100% Swedish
    You can use tell target to make something like that. You make the menu that has to popup when you go over the button. Drag it on to the stage and give it an instance name (lets say "Menu") then give the button an action that says: on mouse over
    tell targat (menu)
    goto 1 and play

do this for all the buttons and it should work great.

The absolute simplest way to do this is to put all your elements where you want them, then hide them. On mouse over add an action to "show element" and choose whatever element you want it to show. Check out my website for an example of this(click footer). If you need to see a .movie file showing this, email me from the link at my site, and I will be more than happy to send you one.

Thanks,
    Jason

Originally posted by ocabeza
    I'm trying to make menu in which a text info or picture appears below the button when there is a mouse over each one of the buttons. I only seem to be able to set an action to show/hide the mouse.
    Please help.

Thanks

Oscar
    Hi Oscar, Firstly ignore the response from DaPurno he seems to be telling you how to do it in FLASH.

You are gonna laugh at how simple this is to fix, the element that you want to show must have "HAS PROPERTIES" set, just click the little box with the circle in it so that it is "pushed in" and then you will see that element in the Hide/Show action.