dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button sound turns off when using "stop all sounds"

Okay, I am putting together a presentation cd, nothing fancy really, and I have some audio that automatically runs when the first page loads up. Now, there's buttons on the bottom of the page that, when pushed, make a sound as well. When I push the button, it loads the next page, but still plays the audio which was running on the first page. So I put a "stop all sounds" command on the button. Well, now the button sound doesn't work either! I am completely frustrated and have searched this site trying to find someone who has had a similar problem with no avail, Somebody PLEASE help me!! Thank you!!

Yes you have it right exactly. I will have audio for the next page- in fact for every page as they each will give a separate demonstration. But again cutting off the audio to get to the next page also disables the button sound. I was trying to think if there was something I could do in the frame itself rather than the button to trigger the sound off when the button gets pressed but I am not quite that fluent with Flash yet.. I haven't been able to figure that out. Thanks so much for helping me!

Okay, I tried your suggestion and I see what you are saying- which works well only if I press the button after the audio has played itself out and stopped. My problem is that when I click on a button before the audio has finished playing even just once, the scene's visuals change as they are prompted to, but the audio continues to play from the first scene. If I have audio in the next scene, it plays along with the audio from the first scene. I tried adding a last keyframe and putting in the stop command in the sync box, didn't work, then I tried putting stop in the actions list of the last keyframe, that didn't work either. I know there has to be a way to do this, it seems like it should be so simple.. is there maybe a way to say "turn off all sounds except for this one" (meaning the button sound.)? Again I appreciate your help, hope to hear from you again soon.

Smile

Ok try this
    in the second scene in the 1st frame
    add that SYNC STOP action to the sound you want to stop.

That should work.

When the button is pressed that takes you to the next scene as soon as it starts playing that scene it should stop the current loop.

Do you have your music set to Event or Start?

Let me know ASAP if it works.

Smile

It worked! I don't quite understand how but it worked!! Wonduful! Thank you thank you! This is great, I'm so glad I asked, I would never have figured that out! Thanks again! Oh an by the way the music was set to "Event"

Wink

Cool... I'm glad i could help What is your URL id like to check it out.