A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: basic tweening question

Talking

Hello all. I'm a new flash user and loving this great little program. But a bit confused on some basics, so please don't mind some questions...
    First, I have tried to fade in/out text buttons by making them buttons, inserting a keyframe at each end of the animation, then either (I've tried both) fading the Alpha to 0% at one keyframe, or changing the tint to 100% match my background color in one keyframe.
    Well, when I then click in the middle of the frames and "create motion tween", the fading works but the text moves!!?? How/why is this? Any better way to make text buttons fade in/out? Thanks!

Well, first of all, when you say you made the text buttons, I suppose you mean you made symbols(and if not, they should be converted to symbols, not buttons).
    As far as the text moving, you probably just accidentally moved one end; other than that I can't figure what else you could have done.
    As a tip, use alpha as little as possible, it takes more space than tinting.
    good luck.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Just to clear things up Alpha states take no more room up than any other setting. The end users cpu can take a hit if alphas are used in excess. Use tint when ever possible to be less taxing on the cpu giving you better frame playback. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>