dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "...to load, or not to load, that is the question..."

Hybrid View

Great. I have Flash 5 sitting in its wrapped box right next to me on the desk. I was poised to install it. Then I made my way through the 33 posts about the Flash 5 bug(s).
    Nearly 1150 people have read these comments, so I know there's a consensus of concern here. I was concerned enough to consider this a major quandary:" to load, or not to load, that is the question..."

There seems enough of a body of empirical evidence accumulating to make one reluctant to upgrade. As users, we all know how aloof the major software developers are to comment and contact----try emailing Adobe or Macromedia, go ahead, try! I about spit last night when trying to order something at their online store (MM's) and noting how for only $149 I could buy email with a priority help level....to tell me how to install it....NOT, mind you, to help me with technical issues after installation. How bogus can you be, and still be loved and admired?

I'm with the Webmaster at Flashkit that is trying to get a detailed list of bugs from users experiencing problems. Please be forthcoming and narrow it down to those anomalies occuring or functions affected? Meanwhile, I'm going to leave Flash 5 sealed in the package until I feel more confident...Flash 4 is working fine for me, why upset the proverbial applecart?

Beyond the Sea

seems to me...

that all the bug errors in that thread were just video card problems. Maybe it's a language problem, but the people reporting the bugs did not give details like their video card setup, what type of RAM and such. Many, many people have had no problem with F5, myself included. We had it installed here at work. I'm still waiting for my updrade to use it at home on my less-powerful machine. I'll see how it does then.

But, I wouldn't wait to install Flash 5. You can still use Flash 4 on your system even after the newer version is installed. Try it out. If you have errors, document them thoroughly and hand them off to MM.

Rich