A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load and Unload sound

Angry

I am creating a presentation in Flash.
    I am adding sound to it. The problem is I am looping a backgrnd sound for my intro. Then when I get to my main page the sound continues. That's not the problem. The problem is that when I want to jump to a different part of my movie with sound.It overlapps with the other.
    Are there any rule of thumbs when using sound.

Need help quick
    -CDS

Is the intro a preloader?

Smile

I got an example i can send you if you want.
    or i can try to explain it here.

let me know....

Smile

First, it's not a preloader. I have 1 main movie. It starts with a short intro and then pauses at my main page.

Then when you click on a button, it jumps you to another part of the same movie and same scene. But I want the music to stop and then start something new.

See what I did was start my movie with the first frame loading another movie with only sound. So that works. Then, when you select a button from the main page. It jumps to another frame where I have a movie clip running with sound in that.

I use commands like stop all sound and unload movie where it needs to be. But then the more I get into the movie it gets confusing trying to keep up with all the sounds.

I wanted to know if I'm setting up my movie the wrong way or is there a better way to approach this?

I would appreciate any samples you could send. I'm pretty could at breaking down the fla files.

thanks for responding
    cds

I haven't done any movies with more than one scene, I read that my movie would run smoother if it was one long scene.

What type of script will I need to know if i used more than one scene?

:im:

that the same problem i got into when creating iw. now it isn't because in iw14, i decided not to make the loop loaded from another .swf. but i solved the problem fast. each time you get back to the main page, the loop stops so it's pretty nifty.

------------------

It seems that you're trying to keep everything with the same scence, which can be a headache (which you admitted). If you want to do this you can do two things:

1. (Hard Way) Set Action On Release) Stop all Sounds and Goto 50 (for example)
    On frame 50 input your audio.

2. (easy way) Break it up into diffrent scences qith the same concept from above. It alot easier to organzie instead of looking through 500 frames or more.

For a great example, goto my website at http://www.dabombent.com . It still under construction but it may make you see the light

I don't follow IM.