A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Crackling audio in Flash files? Help Me!

Red face

This is a very odd problem. I have a Flash project that contains audio. When I preview the movie in Flash, via test movie, I have no problems, when I preview the wav in the properties window, I also have no problems, but when the movie is published in all forms (.swf and Windows .exe), the audio is very crackly and distorted. The stange part about it is, I sent the file to a couple of my co-workers over the network, and on their computers there was no distortion at all. In the same swf and exe. It can't be my soundcard because the audio plays fine within Flash in both different ways (test movie and object preview). Before I figured out that the problem was local to my machine, I tried different combinations of lowering the db rate of the wav outside of Flash and within Flash thru the volume control. I also tried virtually all combinations of audio export/compression settings, including the RAW output option. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance. Michael

Are you FORCING your audio settings at PUBLISh screen?

If you are talking about the "Override sound settings" option, yes I have tried both on and off. Any suggestions?

Stardust

Are your sounds Streamed? If so try making them Event sounds. I've had many problems of this type with streamed sound in flash.
    Hope this helps.

The problem with sounds that are not streamed is that they are often out of sync with the other items that you want them to be in sync with, when viewing the movie on computers with different processor speeds and different amounts of ram.

Michael

Smile

at macromedia there is an artical on just this topic.

in the list of posts in this forum you can find the URL.
    It was just posted in the last couple of days.