dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help!

Hello everyone...I'm new to this forum so please be friendly with me. Anyways, I have problems with changing text on my flash movie. There are five parts where I can change the text, however, if I change one of them, all of them will be exactly the same thing I tuped on the the other one. Eg. I change one label (or whatever you call it) called Temp to Pictures, all the other labels will be Pictures too.

arg!

I can remember being rather befuddled by this the first time I tried to do something similar. Most likely you've got copies of the same button or movie clip. When you change the text or color, it changes every instance of the clip.

One way to get around this is to actually duplicate the object in your library and rename the duplicate. This creates a separate object which can be edited independently of the original.

Another option for buttons for something like a menu, is to create the button graphic independently from the text. Arrange your buttons then just add a text field in a layer just above them.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

I think you're mixing a frame label and an instance name.
    Make sure you're on the instance panel..or whatever we call it

Thanks for all of your responses! But....now there's something in the code that's hard to find. The instance in all of the clips has text that says the font name only....which is Arial. But when I exported it, it says Menu 1, Menu 2, Menu 3 and Menu 4. Even if I duplicated every instance, it did the and a menu stuff STANDARD!