A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tips For Using Pixel Fontz. - dankie

Pixel Fontz (dam right) but i was wondering when using pixel fontz offen they say point size 10 or 12 or sometimes even lower is the best.

The problem ? when u apply pixel fontz to large amounts of txt, when a user read this, is it hard for him/her to read it ? Do they get headaches from eye strain ? or should pixel fontz be used sparingly ?

Since im not a seasoned pixel fontz user, maybe those who use them alot could shed some light on this - thanks

I use pixel fonts[recommended size 8]in multiples of 8.So it would be font size of 8.16.24.32.40.48.etc.

If you are using recommended size 10 try multiples of 10,etc.

jt

Originally posted by fanatic[KA]
    Pixel Fontz (dam right) but i was wondering when using pixel fontz offen they say point size 10 or 12 or sometimes even lower is the best.

The problem ? when u apply pixel fontz to large amounts of txt, when a user read this, is it hard for him/her to read it ? Do they get headaches from eye strain ? or should pixel fontz be used sparingly ?

Since im not a seasoned pixel fontz user, maybe those who use them alot could shed some light on this - thanks

thanks very much.

when using large amounts of text, should i put a shadow behind the text ? or does it get a bit messy ?

Thats something you have to try yourself.I always preview my work using F12 key to get the html view.

Give it a try.

jt

Originally posted by fanatic[KA]
    thanks very much.

when using large amounts of text, should i put a shadow behind the text ? or does it get a bit messy ?