A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Streaming audio won't play

Talking

Hi, I know I'm missing something basic but I've just started with this and can't find anything in the docs.I can't get any imported .wav sounds to stream, they only play when marked as event sounds. I've published, exported etc. but not a twitter!! Is there something special you have to do to hear them, the rest of the movie and other event sounds play just fine, I've tried connecting the sound to buttons or just attaching them to a frame but nothing.
    I really want to use flash as a basic MP3 player, can it do this?? I export my wav's with .MP3 compression settings but don't see any .MP3 file created by flash, nothing seems to work to do with streaming.

Thanks for your help.

are you leaving enough frame after the sound has been added to let it play through?

if not thats what is wrong if you are im not sure

Talking

Thanks for the reply, yes you are right, this was my problem. Do you know a way of playing a sound file without having to make it into a movie first? I've discovered this technique, then you use the "load movie" action, but I really want to load dynamically, I'll put a post up about this.

Cheers

Paul