A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Japanese Font

Hey...

I'm slightly new to this. But I need to translate my flash site into Japanese... that's corporate capitalism for you.

My question is: I do not have Japanese localized Flash - would I need to get Macromedia Flash that enables Japanese or would it be suffice to insert a Japanese font into the fonts folder?

Thanks for your help.

The Don

I dont think that putting a Japanese font in the folder would work, you would need to actually be able to understand the language to do this. I would suggest hiring/finding a translator to help you out.

Josh Dura

I suggest getting a Japanese font program. You'll have to search for them on the internet. Some of them lets you type in English and gives you a rough Japanese tranlation.

I suggest getting a Japanese font program. You'll have to search for them on the internet. Some of them lets you type in English and gives you a rough Japanese tranlation.

Thanks...

But I already have it translated into Japanese by our Japanese department....
    When I insert Japanese text however... it does not recognise the characters... which is why I was wondering if I would need a localized Japanese version of Flash - or would it be enough just to insert a Japanese font?

Thanks...Again for your help...