A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound question re: how to stop before another plays

Wink

Hi again. One more beginner's question:
    I created a movieclip so that viewers may choose among looping tracks to play in the background. I haven't yet figured out how to use labels, etc, so I simply attached each loop to the "down" frame of it's corresponding button.
    What I want to do though is have the button switch off all sounds, then play its loop, so two or more looping sounds aren't going at once. When I use the "stop all sounds" action command in either the button, or the instance of the button (in the movie clip), it never lets its own sound play.
    Is there a simple way to make the "stop all sounds" command come before it starts looping its sound? Or is this not so simple or am I approaching it all incorrectly? Thanks again!!

I've never used sounds in Flash, but perhaps you need to set up special movie clips which have a "Stop all sounds" action in one frame, and then in the next frame start the required sound.

Btw: What part of labels can't you get your head around?

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000302.swf" quality=high WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=80 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>