A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flashkit chat is so crap

Hey guys,

you have a really good site here. you know what really lets it down though is the chat. honestly its so crap, it could be so much better - anytime i visit there is only ever one visitor, and thats me.

sorry

I'm with you all the way....
    It seems like the only responses that you so get are
    condescending remarks about the work, like these cats are
    god's gift to flash.

There should be more open praise, less rules, and less attitude.

ciao

Arrow Agree about Poor Chat Room

I agree with you guys. This site is great, but for someone like myself who is very new at flash a site with a little more praise would be nice. I also agree that inorder for a chat room to work that there must be more people in the chat room so more ideas can be tossed around. The more people the better the discussions will be. I'm not trying to say that this site is bad because it really is a good and helpful site but this is an area that could use some positive improvement.

Thanks

Arrow reloading page everytime!

Besides the fact that I'm the only one ever in the chat room, It's frustrating how everytime you say something, hit the return key, you have to wait for the entire page to reload. I think the reason that I"m the only one ever in there is because everyone is too frustrated with the waiting!...c'mon flashkit, I know you can do much much better!...I guess I expect more from you guys who have everything else so 'down pact'.

thanks!

Guys who cares? There is a wealth of information on the threads. It stays ordered that way. Imagine if ten thousand people were blabbing away all at once in a chat room. How productive would that be? How would anything get accomplished and how would questions get answered? There are over 200 thousand members. Even if you tried to divide up the chat rooms, there would be too many posters at once.

The simple fact that many people arent in the chat room is evidence itself that nobody wants to use it!!! Its not like the chat is broken...people just dont find it helpful. PLUS....most flash questions take more than 5 minutes to answer. Are you going to ask a question and then sit and wait for five minutes while hundreds of other people chit chat and force your question down the list? Whats the likelyhood of any real communication there?

I dont understand live chat rooms, unless there are only a few people. Im my opinion, live chat rooms are for people who want to talk about hooking up with people they've never seen before. If you guys want that, then go to yahoo chat or something.

Detachment is Balance.

Fkit chatroom are not useful.

Guys. i agree with VisionRay. The power in flashkit is the forums, tutorials and source files.
    Especially the forums. There you can ask a question and have all the answers tucked away neatly in one page.

Why would you want to chat in FlashKit? if you have questions, use the forum.

On the other hand, the chatting engine in FlashKit does suck big time. But who cares?

Sleepy
    to the complainers:

if you took the time to look at all the information presented to you rather than ***** about how your the only one in the "chat" - you might feel a little differently.

If you use FK as a tool, rather than you being a tool you might enjoy it

3 March 2002 11:40am GMT

There are currently 22 members and 26 guests on the boards.
    Members: asheep_uk, badz, Bascule, bikeralex81, conanmk, ekvall, eranov, fatty28uk, fireworkz, hadi, haui, Hemo, joeinspain, jofta, RichieRolls, russ1910, sikonyte, smalco64

This list is much bigger in the afternoon and evening.

What boards do you mainly have a problem with?

3 March 2002 6:15pm GMT

There are currently 49 members and 46 guests on the boards.
    Members: 10reynard, antne, apxscott, arjen_jaarsma, asheep_uk, big_k, BlakDragn, Boxwell, Canadaherp, dthomson86, etcettra, flashhq, gparis, jonmale, kallok, KaoZ^Guru, kb1827, kidpablo, leekuid, leeshapiro, Left Nut of Thresh, Lorddrago, MinorUK, monkeypants, mosterdfles_flash, mustafapracha, NightG0st, o0Soup0o, odmono, ramblerob, rhosk, ROGER BRYANT, russ1910, sinfiniti, straff1892, Student77, Town Bum, ViperGeckoFreak, zeeshann1

What boards do you mainly have a problem with?

chat solution?

you can get free hosted chat servers at webmaster.com .. I have one myself, eg just embed the link into a page, works fast, no cost etc .. nice!

fwiw.

Re: chat solution?

Originally posted by alohaha
    you can get free hosted chat servers at webmaster.com .. I have one myself, eg just embed the link into a page, works fast, no cost etc .. nice!

fwiw.
    Flashkit is too professional for that. The current chat was made by the former FK admins. Plus Flashkit is very busy at the moment, I'm sure there will be an updated chat in the future.

{S

Re: Re: chat solution?

Originally posted by suspiciousness
    Originally posted by alohaha

fwiw.
    Flashkit is too professional for that. The current chat was made by the former FK admins. Plus Flashkit is very busy at the moment, I'm sure there will be an updated chat in the future.

{S
    Welcome to FlashKit!

the usual
    Originally posted by bkerr
    Hey guys,

you have a really good site here. you know what really lets it down though is the chat. honestly its so crap, it could be so much better - anytime i visit there is only ever one visitor, and thats me.

sorry
    what do you want to talk about - if you want instant chat use MSN, yahoo etc. if you want to learn ask questions - if you want to help others learn - reply to questions.

to be fair - having only 1 post to your credid you can't really know how flashkit works..

and if you have got time maybe you could improve flashkit instead of criticise it - i have learned a lot from using the boards - you can to if you give it a go!

and that goes to the others with the same opinions!