dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question

I just download a copy of 3dfa, and was trying very hard just to loop a tune that used to loop in swish perfectly.

Problem was trying to add a element, noticed I can't even find the sound icon from the element menu choice. It doesn't scroll down or anything. Only way to see the sound icon element was to hide my task bar.

1. Is there a way to reduce the element window with all item showing?

2. If I choose the sound icon element to add a loop music, why does it has a gap in between the snd track when it loop? I found the only way to do this, is to use the element open a file to stop it jumping like a broken track.

And the product love crashing..heh heh

Is this tool really worth buying?

Regards,
    Joe

Minimum req?

Whats the minimum requirement to operate this software - it chucked around a bit(slow). I'm running XP with 256mb - pen III 550, 80g of HD. Just chosing a font is hard, notice it kicks around 90 plus off the memory..

I had one text object and sound than was gonna add an event and it crashed and burn for everything I do on this. Is there a way to stop it crashing, or is it what I'm doing is crashing it?

Regs,

Joe

Originally posted by Vilkern
    I just download a copy of 3dfa, and was trying very hard just to loop a tune that used to loop in swish perfectly.

Problem was trying to add a element, noticed I can't even find the sound icon from the element menu choice. It doesn't scroll down or anything. Only way to see the sound icon element was to hide my task bar.

1. Is there a way to reduce the element window with all item showing?

2. If I choose the sound icon element to add a loop music, why does it has a gap in between the snd track when it loop? I found the only way to do this, is to use the element open a file to stop it jumping like a broken track.

And the product love crashing..heh heh

Is this tool really worth buying?

Regards,
    Joe
    Hi! Joe
    There is no way but it is not problem.

You have two options
    1.) To load the Sound by Open file object at the top of menu
    2.) Or to Activate in Windows toolbar (Right Click) Properties, Check the Always Visible Option and To hide automatic toolbar, so that in IFA You will see the Icon New Sound. That it is what you did

I suppose that gaps does not depend on IFA, If You observe the graph of the sound, will be able to observe the sonorous Vibrations and If after of these appears a horizontal line, this is gap, I think exactly that must publish the sound and to cut this line, where the sonorous vibrations finish (Waves) so that loop is effective without gaps.

The last version is the 3.41 and it has really improved much. Which version is using?

I trust this helps it in something.

Joseph

Wink

Thanks MrJoseph, I am doing what you suggest already =)

The software is pretty sensitive. I wish they allow dockable and undockable tool bars - I am using the latest I've downloaded from their site. Just experimenting prior of deciding is the tool is worth the cost...lol

Thanks for your post.

The menu height problem has been addressed for version 3.5, soon to be released (see the new images under 'Screenshots'). The program is a great deal more stable, and the features are improved.

The issue of the small amount of silence on a sound loop was related to the file format. This has been addressed for version 3.5 as well, with the introduction of .au sound format.

The team are working hard this week to plug any remaining memory leaks in the system, to improve performance and memory usage as much as possible. Note that while 3DFA may appear to use a lot of memory on the fly, it releases this memory when it needs to for other tasks.

Thanks for considering the product. If you purchase under version 3.4, its registration will still be valid for version 3.5

Thanks for your support.

InsaneTools

re: 3.5 bug report.

Dkerr,

Not being a pain or being critical or any sarcasm intended, just that I do lots of alpha+beta testing for other companies. Yes version 3.5 have fixed the problem with the sound icon element, it is now displaying without having to minimised the taskbar to view the option.

Sound looping works fine with the load a file element, but still buggy as during development it over-sampling on top itself. Which makes it difficult to know if the looping is working fine or not, until you actually publish to test the results.

As for the sound icon element, the bug is still there. Which no matter how you edit your sound, 3DFA import the sound and insert it's own white space to the original wave sample. I'm really surprised that 3DFA actually do this on any size sampling considering that all the sound samplers are actually loop intended.

Memory.. umm I don't really want to go there. Memory handling is still pretty bad. You really need to consider this, most people who develop anything on the web will need to utilise some sort of editing software. Example of these would be photoshop, paintshop etc. and resampling via 3DFA while it is still open.

Overall the software has lots of potential and a worth while purchase if you can live with the bugs,unfortunately there is still a lot of other bugs.

Still under consideration to purchase the software as the potential is good. Thank you to the team at InsaneTools for addressing some of these problems.

Regards,

Joe

I bought 3DFL 3.41 and have upgraded to 3.5.

It still crashes at random times for no apparent reason. e-mails to InsaneTools in this respect are ignored. What does one do ?

I have lost confidence in the software and I don't feel like investing anymore time in it. I also feel that it's not very well supported by adequate tutorials.

Having said that, I believe the software is potentially very good value for not alot of money and has some great aspects (3D, ActionScript, JavaScript, painting tools etc) I admire what the team are trying to do but I do feel it's like working with a beta program at times.

Oddly, I don't resent buying the software but sadley I will not be using it much for anything other than 'playing' with.

Thanks for your posts.

We are working hard to improve each of the areas you have mentioned (including sound). We make concerted efforts to respond to any request sent to support@insanetools.com - if you have made requests that haven't had a response, *please* try again - we really DO want to make the product live up to all expectations, and your support is valuable in this regard.

We are addressing each issue as they arise, and continually improving both performance and memory usage, as well as working on tutorials and improved HELP. We appreciate your patience with sticking with us on a new release, which will inevitably have a few things to iron out - we're dedicated to constant improvement on the product.

Under what circumstances was the sound over-sampling? Was the movie looping? If you are sure it is a bug, please send the movie file to support@insanetools.com -

min specs are P2 220MHz, 64Mb RAM, 50MbHDD - this will work pretty slow, though. Recommendation is for 600MHz+, 256Mb RAM.

Regards

Hi Dkerr,

Yes the sound over-sample itself during production within the play mode in 3DFA, the movie loop as it is intended. But if you actually publish the movie, the sound loop is ok, so is the movie itself. This only happens when you play inside of 3DFA. An example, try using your own sample the advance text effect and now open up a wave file that was loop.

Play it within 3DFA wait till the start of a new loop, and it will over-sample just there, use the open file element - as the sound icon element will place white noise at the end of the track. Nothing spectacular, but you will get the idea.

Have you look at the sound icon element, where it put white noise at the end of a track? I don't think this was intended at all but it does it constantly which extend the sound file leaving a huge gap if you need to loop your track.

Anyway DKerr, I am intended to purchase this no matter how it is right now in the next few days during this week. Like I said the program has a lot of potential - kinda awkward to use but than again that can be learnt.

Regards,

Joe

What type of sound file are you having this problem with? I use .wav exclusively (all the time), and don't have this problem.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

I used wave only being the rawress it could be for this type of work, otherwise au or mp3's..

3DFA some how do it with the sound icon element only, nothing wrong with the open file element. Weird considering both would be the same, but some unknown reason it adds to it.

The good old wave usually never fails for most projects.. heh heh. Oh well never mind for now, I still like the potential of the tool.

Regards,

Joe

Thumbs up Sound Loop Issue

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that I also noticed the sound loop issue within .movie files during production. So far, upon export, the problem corrects itself. Whether it's a .wav or an .mp3 format does not seem to matter.

Take care.

Sheryl C.