A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mouse Action

Unhappy

I'm a new user to Flash... Just under a week.
    My question is this. I have made a movie (1 scene) and have 4 text buttons on the stage. The effect I want is when someone clicks on one of the buttons, the text will spin and move towards the screen (become larger)and go to the linked page. I have gotten most of this done except that I need to hold the mouse button down, or the animation stops short and doesn't play all the way. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I have been looking through the manual, but can't seem to find anything there to help me. I can also send the .fla file to anyone if need be.

Thanks,
    Sam

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

What you should do is make the animation a movie clip, and have the action to go to the destination as an action at the end of the animation. this way the button calls to the movie clip, the movie clip plays and the action at the end of the animation then takes you to the desination. make sure you put a stop action in the first frame of your animation. so that when its on the stage it wont play untill you call it. The hard part of this is using the tell target command. Look thru the thread or do a search and see if you can learn. If you still need help. just post or email me. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>