A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: missing some functions

I have been a registered user of 3dfa since the first version. My copy of 3dfa 3.41has lots of functions not available, such as the x and y velocity in set properties, the option to detect colision, menue maker exct. I sent a bug report a couple months ago but herd no response. IS anyone else have these problems and is there anything I can do to fix them?

I asumme the x-y velocity and the collision detection are not working because you need to have the 'element has properties' button as well as the 'allow velocity and acceleration' button's checked in order for the options to show up. You will find them at the bottom of the object menu itself(for each object), right before the 'position' properties box. Check both 'element has properties', and 'allow velocity and acceleration' and see if that solves your problem.

I don't know about the menu maker, as I have never had any reason to use it yet.

-Jason
    [Edited by zoranvedek on 01-31-2002 at 07:50 PM]

OK that solved the problem of x and y acceleration and velocity, but I stil have no lnk to the colision dection or boundry in the actions menue!

Set Property

Originally posted by tomkat42
    OK that solved the problem of x and y acceleration and velocity, but I stil have no lnk to the colision dection or boundry in the actions menue!
    If you intend to use Boundry make sure you do not set velocity and Acceleration in the element itself, do it as an action in the main movie, I've found that it doesn't always work if you do it in the element.

I imagine the same is ture of collision detection, but not sure.