A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Graphics Tablet Support???

Can KM support drawings done with a digital pen? I'm trying to do some character animation (i.e. Joe Cartoon Like) but tracing scanned handdrawn images with the draw tools in KM sucks. Umm....need a little help here =)

You would have to use a program that supported the graphic pad to create your drawings first, (such as the Gimp or Photoshop) but once they were created save as PNG or BMP and the follow the procedure listed in the following thread

http://63.146.109.204/board/showthre...threadid=13798

to vectorize the drawing.

Support for the pad would be a good feature to add to KoolMoves but I also asume that such a feature would be complicated.

The methods described in the thread also will allow you to scan the image and get it into KoolMoves.

The easiest method is by using StarOffice, but it isn't as clean as the Photo-Shop Illustrator method.

Of course if you are using Illustrator then you wouldn't need KoolMoves becuase the current edition will export to both SWF ande SVG.

Cool YES, YES,YES !

Tablet support would be very,very,very,very,very much appreciated! It would also make the product much more 'high end'.

I can use my drawing tablet in KoolMoves, have you tried it. I use the pencil tool, and then draw with my tablet.
    Brad

Yes mine works too ! This is almost to much fun

Mine wouldn't work

tell me how you did it.

What kinda of tablet do you use?

Brad

It's a Calcomp DrawingSlate II. It's set for mouse mode so maybe that's why it works. I just have to reset the pressure adjustment and it should be fine.