A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: plz i need help, its important for me

Hi ppl,

Im starting to create a dbz fighting game. This means im gonna need lots of modifible pics of cartoon characters. What im trying to say is that when making a game you've got to have animation of your fighters (its a fighting game). Every time a fighter punches his body changes position. Its not possible to modify the position of a character in a pic in flash. So what i need is a picture made in flash 5 of a character. To get this i need to trace over a normal picture using the pencil or brush option. This takes ages and mostly the result pretty much sux. I was wandering if there was a program with i can use in combination of flash 5 that makes it possible to modify pics or to trace the pics for me. So I'll spare a hope time and my quality of the pics goes way up. Do you know a program that can help me out. Please im desperate. Please help me and reply this message.

Thanx a lot,
    Reinier

P.S: Check out http://www.dbzmatrix.com to see what i mean.

Hey, Maybe this will help

Have you tried Vector? Maybe this is what you mean...

Here... Import the picture you want, and then select it, then goto modify on the toolbar, and choose "trace bitmap"

This will convert it to a vector, and you will not have to use a paintbrush... Hope this helps...

Or..... If you mean, creating an outline of the character, then I don't know... You just have to do your best.. I've done tons of outlining of pics, and mine usually turn out great.... It just takes a little patience..

Along with Genesis' post, depending on the style, you can create a fighter using pieces. What I mean is have an arm, a leg, a head, a torso... put them all together in one full fighter movie clip and animate each piece. If you have no clue what I am talking about you can check out Ultimate Sewer Diving... I did it in this game:

http://www.tornadogames.com/playgame.phtml?id=14

Re : plz i need help, its important for me

Well i think it will be possible in 3dMax or poser. B'coz in these you can animate the characters as per required and then export the animation as .swf file, wherein u can import this file in Flash and enhance the keyframes. I hope this may help u.

regards
    mukul upare

Originally posted by reiniercash
    Hi ppl,

Im starting to create a dbz fighting game. This means im gonna need lots of modifible pics of cartoon characters. What im trying to say is that when making a game you've got to have animation of your fighters (its a fighting game). Every time a fighter punches his body changes position. Its not possible to modify the position of a character in a pic in flash. So what i need is a picture made in flash 5 of a character. To get this i need to trace over a normal picture using the pencil or brush option. This takes ages and mostly the result pretty much sux. I was wandering if there was a program with i can use in combination of flash 5 that makes it possible to modify pics or to trace the pics for me. So I'll spare a hope time and my quality of the pics goes way up. Do you know a program that can help me out. Please im desperate. Please help me and reply this message.

Thanx a lot,
    Reinier

P.S: Check out http://www.dbzmatrix.com to see what i mean.