A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: standalone projector

This may be a retarded question, but... will a windows standalone projector file (exe)play on a computer without the flash player installed?

I would assume that "standalone" means just that, but I have a funny feeling that you still at least need the Flash player, otherwise the file would be unreadable.

BTW... I want to email the flash movie to someone and the best way I can figure to go about it is to make it a projector file and attach it to an email --otherwise you would have to attach an HTML doc AND the SWF... that seems to cluttered. Well, maybe just the SWF, but even then the user would really need the flash player. Anyway, if anyone has better suggestions to emailing flash movies (such as how to imbeding flash movies in HTML email), I would really be interested.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Standalone is just that, a standalone program. You dont need anything to make it play.

To make one just make your movie and goto the publish settings select projector and Bam. Your done. Just attach it to your email and your in buisness. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>