dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash 6

Post Flash 6

The Flash 6 Beta Plugin is avaliable from macromedia.com. I've been checking out the "Settings" menu item now availiable upon right-click... Am I missing something? It appears as if I'm going to have excellent new streaming tools. Live video chat (peer to peer?)? No problem... This combination of features with broadband, and the recent partnership between Microsoft and Macromedia can mean some insane new appications built in Flash. Keep your eyes on the number of devices becoming "Flash Enabled". What do MM and MS have up their sleeves? There is a set-top box/home network device using Flash as a GUI (moxi.com). Does this tie in?

What do you think the future of Flash will be?

joe suchta
    flash programmer

Re: Flash 6

Originally posted by tutash
    The Flash 6 Beta Plugin is avaliable from macromedia.com. I've been checking out the "Settings" menu item now availiable upon right-click... Am I missing something? It appears as if I'm going to have excellent new streaming tools. Live video chat (peer to peer?)? No problem... This combination of features with broadband, and the recent partnership between Microsoft and Macromedia can mean some insane new appications built in Flash. Keep your eyes on the number of devices becoming "Flash Enabled". What do MM and MS have up their sleeves? There is a set-top box/home network device using Flash as a GUI (moxi.com). Does this tie in?

What do you think the future of Flash will be?

joe suchta
    flash programmer
    I think a lot more intigration will be happening, it won't be to long unitl M$ use Flash in their Wizards and things...