A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Site check please

I created a website and it is a combination of flash and HTML, the menu and header are made with swish and the rest is HTML, please tell me what you think of the site

http://www27.brinkster.com/ogn/db/index.asp

Thanks, Shockerz, OGN Webmaster

Ummm... thanks?

I have worked really hard on this site it took me weeks to create it, and when I ask for a little feedback, what do I get? nothing! so please I can see a couple of you saw it but yet you havent replyed, please do!

Shockerz,

I wouldn't get in a huff so quickly about not getting feedback on your site. A lot of us are pro designers which means we don't spend all day on these forums (though we'd like to), so sometimes it can take a while for the feedback you want.

Here are my thoughts...

1. Your nav menu links don't work. I assume that's because the pages aren't online yet.

2. Your layout & colour scheme is not very consistent.

3. The main page could be arranged to be a bit more fluid and sectioned. One of the problems with most web sites is that headers, menu texts and the like are often too large and diminish a more 'pro' look.

4. Your header looks too much like an ad banner and thus the name and subject of your site is not immediate. I suggest you change that.

5. Linking to Geocities pages results in that annoying right-ad. I suggest finding a web host that doesn't use right-ads or use one that allows you to pay for ad removals. (freeservers.com is a good one).

Good start, though. I look forward to seeing coming versions of the site.

Keep Swishin'

Fred

just gettin alot of 404s and no flash loading at all the rest looks pretty good though

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, I have made some changes in the site, I still haven't changed the geocities thing, but I think I did a little something about the rest, I added a new working page, changed the color scheme and made an "Under Construction" page.

Tell me what you think and i'll give it a thought, thanks

Lazybones Member

good intentions!!!

your site needs more style:

try to reduce consistently the left menu and the header and try to change them into a more impacting color (try #660000)

you used too many different fonts: it is not a good way to proceed cause the whole thing comes out dispersive and not stylish.

it shows you got good intentions but take a look to the other users' sites and to the suggested flash/swish made sites links, you'll like something for sure. well...learn everything but repropose all in your own way.

continue working: here everybody does

bye

rudy

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Yeah, dispersive is a good way to term it, it lacks general cohesion.

Also wondering when you'll be adding Tribes1 to the Top 20 page.

This site really doesn't need any Flash animation. If you used frames for your pages, I could see that Flash would be feesable. However, I don't see the need for a menu in Flash that loads for every transition.

Overall the flash content doesn't fit in. It looks like you cut and pasted from other sites.

I suggest choosing a different font for the title and change the background and menu color.