A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scene problem - pretty tricky.

i have an issue. i'm loading Flash movies into Director, and i read that multiple flash movies screws director up. and sure enough it did.

so now i'm combining my movies into 2 scenes, but when i do that, it screws the second movie all up. i'm not repeating names in my library, so it's not a matter of a mc getting overwritten. i even duplicated the 1 scene, making 2 identical scenes, and it still didn't work right.

any ideas?

AKA [ Paul Bainbridge] webdreamer's Avatar
    Have you check for duplicate frame lables and instance names. Also are you sing the scene names for navigating?

there arent any duplicate names. no where. i didn't use an frame labels. and i'm not using the scenes for navigation, aside from this:
    instead of load movie, i have a gotoandplay.

this is terribly annoying.

so your looking for one scene to run onto the other or i there any sort of interaction within the movie while being played in Director.

no interaction, just one to the other. this is such a pain. they work fine in director as is, except they are stealing too much memory for the external lingo calls for change the mouse to work.

rambly joe

you lost me a bit with <quote> except they are stealing too much memory for the external lingo calls for change the mouse to work.</quote>
    try putting a command on the last frame of the first scene telling it to goto and play a frame lable in th second scene

Red face

can i jump in on this one too?? i'm having a similar problem (though not in director).... i've got 3 scenes.... #1 calls #2, which will eventually have a menu that calls #3 and some others...

originally i had some duplicate instance names, which i thought was ok since they were in different scenes (thinking one would just overwrite the other, since they could never appear simultaneously)... but i've weeded that out..

but i still have the problem... #1 will call #2, but #2 will not call #3 or even return to #1... i'm using goto statements with the scene name as target, and the only thing i can see that is notable is that in #2 and #3, my button with the goto is contained in a movie clip, and not on the main timeline... although not sure how that would matter in calling another scene... i've never heard of having to (or having a method to) path back to another scene.

any ideas???

Use frame lables within your scenes rather than using scene nams. I found using scene names for navigation can cause stupid problems.

Red face

ok... tried that.. and no effect.. i use scenes a good bit, and this is the first time i've had a problem with them, but also the first time i recall using a link from within a movie clip... i thought perhaps there was some magic or obscure procedure i may have been overlooking there having to do with a clip....

Sorry m8 but you finally got me baffeled