A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: There has to be a simple explanation.....

I downloaded a Macromdia exchange extension "no margins" for use in my html publish feature. But on laptops the sites only fill 1/4th of the browser window. Does anyone know why this is? I have been going crazy for days trying to figure it out and am having no luck!

The publish feature works great when I test on my pc in both IE and Netscape but not on the
    laptops....WHY!

If anyone has the answer.........Please, please, please tell me.

Frustrated in CT.

I also posted this question in flash 5 general help forum in hopes to get an explanation.

[small]
    I have heard of issues with that specific extension. Have you tried removing the margins on your html page with the following code?

Code:
    <body topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    [small]
    Or perhaps your could try using a layer and setting it's position with a 'position:absolute' in the CSS.

Hope this helps!
    Umnbrella

I think I've got it figured out.

Originally posted by Umnbrella
    [small]
    I have heard of issues with that specific extension. Have you tried removing the margins on your html page with the following code?

Code:
    <body topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
    [small]
    Or perhaps your could try using a layer and setting it's position with a 'position:absolute' in the CSS.

Hope this helps!
    Umnbrella
    I opened the html file published with the extension I downloaded and they do use the same code in the body tag. I think the problem was that I was using either the "100%" or "Pixels" when publishing and not the "Match Movie" feature. On all that I have tried I use "scale-Show all".

I published with the"Match Movie-show all" and someone told me it was showing fine on the laptop. I have not tested it myself because I don't have a laptop at my disposal. But I will test as soon as possible.

If there is anyone out there who could give it a shot I would greatly appreciate it. All I need to know is if it is the full size of the browser window and if it is showing any gutters.
    Thanks in advance!
    http://www.thinc.net/flash/testing