A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Several simple ones. But first a big hello.

Hi everyone. I first want to thank all of you for this and the wonderful support you have provided. It's nice to know there are still good caring people out there.

Okay, I am a real laymen at this 3dfa, but there are several things I am looking to do.

The first is the sound FX. I want to simply add the sound fx to my page so that when it loads, the sound load too and then just loops till the user logs off.

My second question is this. A news tickertape to scroll news from right to left in a small windo on my main page.

My third and final question a counter for my main page.

I am sure you folks have heard these before. If anyone could help on these I am greatful, or any links that explain them in simple laymen's terms, again I am greatful.

American Author, Poet & Screenwriter
    "Mark Paul" Sebar

Okay, sorry on the first one.

For those who want to embed looping sound from startup...simple. Go and add a new element to your page. When in the add element menu, goto the top where the small yellow open folder is and grab the sound file from your drive. Make sure after you have selected the sound file to select the small checkbox that says loop on it.

That's all there is to it.

Now if I could just get some help on the other two.