A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac Explorer 5 oddities

Greetings,
    Mac Explorer seems to be behaving oddly in a specific situation.
    Let me explain: When launching a new window from a link embedded in a Flash file, the navigation elements of the HTML page (frame set) that opens do not function properly. When a link is clicked in the navigation frame, it is set to reload the nav frame with new navigation as well as reloading the main (center frame) with a new page. This works perfectly in Netscape (all) and Explorer (PC), and also works in Mac Explorer if the site is opened independently.
    I know this sounds confusing, but take a look at it with Mac Explorer at: http://www.casper-media.com
    Hit the 'Launch Site' link, then click the 'Portfolio' link, then the 'HTML' link. Once the loading is complete, click on the top left site thumbnail (www.mycoolpool.com). Once it opens, click any of the navigation links and you'll see that the only thing that changes is the navigation frame. Now open a new window from Explorer's file menu (or command-N) and type in http://www.mycoolpool.com and try the nav again. You'll see that it functions as intended, reloading all frames as specified.
    I appreciate anyone's input regarding this, since it is highly aggravating.
    Thank you,
    Joe

I don't think this is a flash problem, I think its a javascript problem.

I get the error "permission denied" from javascript, which suggests explorer doesn't like the way you're refering to the frames.

Not sure why it should do this, perhaps the way you are opening the new window for the site means there is one frame less than if you go to the site normally or something? This would mean you're refering to a frame that doesn't exist.

Permission Denied? I haven't seen that, where did you get that error?
    It seems so strange because when you open a target="_blank" html window, isn't that the same as just opening a new window without actually going to the file menu and selecting "New Window"? If the JavaScript was wrong, wouldn't the other browsers behave strangely as well?
    I guess I have some researching in front of me. Thanks for checking it out.
    Regards,
    Joe

Permission denied comes up when i click a link in the nav bar.