A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions?

Unhappy

My issue i'm figuring out is, the swf that i'm opening up is 602 x 414, but in IE on Mac if i use the same getURL with 602 x 414 it will leave space at the right and bottom of the pop up window. but if i change the getURL to open a window at 596 X 398 the Mac with IE will open the file properly. so it seems to me that if i could run a check of wich browser and platform the user has then i could open the appropriate size window. Does anyone have any suggestions? the URL is http://www.ignitionmedia.ca/sasso

use a bit of javascript in an intermediate page to get the platform

tavisj nice designs. Those annual reports look like fun.

thanks people but i have tried javascript to find platform and browser and flash doesn't like this. is it something with IE MAC or is it me?

yeah, that's what i mean, you'd have to open a page which then opens the page...the first page just being a platform test.

i think that is the only way. and have two sites one just for MAC IE. it's so stupid but i guess that's all i can do. If i come up with a solution, i will post it.

All it needs is a blank opening page with an onload="platformCheck();"statement and a function that says something like:

function platformCheck(){
    if (navigator.platform == "Mac PPC" && navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"){
    window.open('page.html','name','status=yes,width=5 96,height=398')
    } else {
    window.open('page.htm','name','status=yes,width=60 2,height=414')
    }
    }

what are you talking of ?
    I never had a problem with those borders.
    you don't need a javascript to check the system here!
    Just use a javascript to open the window like explained here:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=140189

ciao
    m

SJT -
    I will try that

me222 -
    I have that on my button right now and MAC IE doesn't like it.
    If your on MAC IE check out http://www.ignitionmedia.ca/sasso

Still looks the same in IE 5.1

haven't tried yet, soon

i tried what SJT said to try. But the only way i can get the window to open properly for pc is if i call the proper sizes from the flash file to begin with. If someone is on MAC IE can you please check it out and let me know if it is working now. Thanks

PS you have to click on the PERFORMANCE button it is the only one that i am testing on. thanks agian

Small right side still there. Not as wide as before. Buttom is ok.

Seems like you misunderstood some things.
    Now step by step:
    1. You placed SJT's script in the html head of the opened window. That doesn't make any sense! Delete it there. (You should have used it instead of your "OpenWindow" script inside of your main window)
    2. the main row in your "OpenWindow" script goes
    win1 = window.open(TheFile,"win1","width="+W+",height="+H +",top="+Top+",Left="+Left+", toolbar=0 resizable=0 scrollbars=no")

change it to (copy and paste from here)
    win1 = window.open(TheFile,"win1","width='+W+',height='+H +',top='+Top+',Left='+Left+',status=0,resizable=no ,scrollbars=no")

This should work! It worked allways for me. Use single quotes inside doublequotes, separate the statements with commas and don't put spaces after the comma.

putting that code from sjt where i did, is the only thing that has made the page open as close to proper as can be. It is still not perfect but, it's getting close.

me222 - I have tried almost every possible combinations of code on my button in the flash file, and although they all work fine on PC IE and Netscape and MAC Netscape, that code just won't open a window properly on MAC IE. Have you tested it yourself?

Thanks to SJT for the idea of putting that code in the pop up window. It works perfect. What i had to do is from the flash file, call the MAC size window(586x398) to open, then when the window pops up and does the check for platform and browser the Mac size has to match what is being called by the button in the fla. Everything is gravy. This was a tough one, since noone really knew the answer. This might still be an improper solution but hey, it works.

Um, it's not fixed. It opened a window that fills the screen now.

ya now it doesn't work in netscape i can't win

I don't know why you all so complicated.
    Take a look at this:
    http://www.mindmedia.de (the flash version link)
    Works perfect in all browsers on all platforms.
    The script is in an external "scripts.js" file. No system nor browsercheck needed.