A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Change the alpha of Text .. how?

Change alpha of dynamic text... how?

Hi, I'm new in this Flash-stuff

...im Trying to change the alpha of a Text I've created...make it to a movie Clip...then change alpha...it works well in the Macromedie Flash preview, but when I export it, and start the *.swf the alpha is 100% again ...

what am I doing wrong?

thx

I'm a newbie to flash also (4 days ...lol) but i figured your problem out the other day, so here's a quick tutorial on how to do it:

Create your text. Now select the text and press F8 to convert it to a movie clip symbol.

(Note: Now you've converted the text to a movie, u will no longer be able to use the Alpha option in the mixer palette on the main stage. U can change it but nothing will happen)

Now there's 2 ways i know about u can make the text semi-transparent..... The 1st way is to edit the movie clip and goto the mixer panel and alter the alpha setting. Now IMO here's the best method for doing it. On the main stage select the text and goto the effect panel, then effect tab. In the drop down menu select alpha and alter the amount of transparency u want for the text.

I hope that's helped u

[Edited by -z4Rg0tH- on 02-17-2002 at 11:02 AM]

thx

it work now,..but just with static text fields ... i've forgotten to write that I want to change the alpha of dynamic text fields (for example a digital clock)

ciao