A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***** hotel

:::::::::::::::
    this is the coolist thing I've seen in a while.
    http://www.*****hotel.com
    what do you all think?

Very neat, but does it relate to flash at all? (it was made with director).

i saw this about a year ago, its pretty cool but its made in director, not that its a bad thing jus i dont like using director on the web.

yeah, it's pretty old, and not flash, like everybody else said. But I don't see what's wrong with using director on the web. In some things it's much better than flash.

Olorin

Dont get me wrong! Director is much better than flash, but this post is not related to flash and therefore should not exist. Unless it was used as an example for people to emulate.

ah, but Director is related to Flash and thus this post is too. Therefor I propose that it should be allowed to exist although I'm not saying that it must exist.

I'm in a philosophical mood tonight.

and thus the integrity of the "flash" posts hang in the balance ... hehe... I just thought it was cool. And I think that flash and director are very similar, but your right it wasn't created in it. Just sharing somthin cool (:

The relation of flash and director is merely the developing company! In my mind, this relation is not enough to allow anyone to cross post! But then again, my words are not worth much so 'I betta shut my mouth!'

well thrawn9, the relations in the two programs seem to be numerous to me. For one they both hinge off object oriented languages. Lingo and ActionScript are both dirived form JavaScript. Two they are both multimedia tools that deal with tweening. You can create web sites in both. You can create cartoons in both. I think that you can do just about everything that you can in flash in director, but as far as I know, it’s not the easiest thing to use. But I could be wrong... that’s just what I've read about it (:

i dont know why i just dont like using director on the web, it just doesnt feel right.

i dont think you can say director is the same as flash, i mainly use flash but have used director before and i find them quite diffrent.

the way you assemble things in director is alot different than flash... but you can create the same stuff thats all I'm sayn'. They don't look the same at all they don't feel the same, but the out come is pretty similar.

If your going to compare like that! I would say shockwave is more like java than flash, since it takes more resources and runs better. And from what I have seen from Director Lingo, its nothing like javascript and more like some older god-forsaken language with similar syntax to Flash4! Flash is closer to javascript related interactivity (clocks, small games, text effects) while director is more like java (bigger games, 3d applications) and takes similar chunks of resources.

NOTE: When I say 'java', I mean the java applets used on web pages.
    [Edited by thrawn9 on 02-22-2002 at 01:33 PM]

There's nothing wrong with the post, it's all about browser based games. People reading it might decide to start looking into director.

Originally posted by jasonleon
    Lingo and ActionScript are both dirived form JavaScript.
    Have you seen how Lingo code looks like? It's nothing like javascript, and I believe it's much older than javascript.

Your right GeOrge directors Lingo isn't a JavaScript derivative, like I thought previously, it is its own language. I re-read what had gotten me on to this whole director kick in the first place and it actually said Lingo supports dot notation, so it can look like AS, but its not really the same. Oops ... Thanks for clarifying

Smile it's all good!

I don't see anything wrong with this post, except for one thing. What the hell is AS stand for?

very nice site btw

In fact, I think I'm going to make something like that. But more action!! In Flash of course! WE gotta represent!

AS == " Action Script " (:
    thanks for the support dJide.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by thrawn9
    Very neat, but does it relate to flash at all? (it was made with director).
    Not only was it made with Director, but it is not a game, it is a VR chat site, sort of feels like it should be in cool sites except that the discussion has turned to software and lingo.
    The shockwave player is a much bigger download if a user does not already have it installed and the player is far less common than Flash player so the call to 'download to view' often puts users off. One good reason not to use director for the internet (apart from the much larger file sizes).

david p.

but aren't there more possablities?

totally untrue

I think I can make the same kind of thin with Flash, all I would need to know is XML, which is kind of a big part.