A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need help with a flash movie

I am trying to make a movie which displays a series of images one after the other. Just simple fade in, fade out. But I want the images to be seperate to the flash file. I want to be able to change the images without having to redo the flash file. Is there some way I can do this? Any help would be appreciated.

don't think so

Originally posted by Chris Parker
    I am trying to make a movie which displays a series of images one after the other. Just simple fade in, fade out. But I want the images to be seperate to the flash file. I want to be able to change the images without having to redo the flash file. Is there some way I can do this? Any help would be appreciated.
    I Don't think that will work. At least not easily.
    It's so easy to do this in 3dfa directly I'm not sure why you'd mind too much. If you really want to do this sort of thing with out re-coding, I'd suggest DHTML and javascript and not do it in flash at all.

Example at http://deadyeti.com/blanius/fade

note this was done in about 5 minutes using the proper software

Thanks Blanius. It was just a thought. I am in a gaming group with over 100 members and I was going to send out the flash file so that all of them could use their own images.

Originally posted by Chris Parker
    Thanks Blanius. It was just a thought. I am in a gaming group with over 100 members and I was going to send out the flash file so that all of them could use their own images.
    For use online? The Dhtml I showed all you'd have to do is change the jpg files out and name them 00001.jpg etc you are welcome to the example and I've seen some free javascript slide viewers like this around, try that.

Thanks Blanius, I appreciate the offer.