A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Site

members.aol.com/_ht_a/LadyFlashDesign/

it's not finished but give it a look anyway...and have your sound turned up!

I take it you are new to web design. Learn some html so you don't have to use things like "easy designer". Also, it's ok to have a counter on your page if it isn't right in everyone's face. That thing needs to be moved down out of the way. In your flash stuff, play with the gradient panel a little more, you are using stock gradients--we all do this in the beginning. But if you learn to modify them and only use them when necessary your stuff will look a lot more polished. The kid's page looks promising with the alphabet that turns lowercase on rollover. I can only guess what you'll have there. Keep at it.

My site

Im brand new to Flash : ) I've only been using it for a month so far. I had to use easy designer to use the web space AOL gives me. The page is actually just an html file. How do I use other gradients? Thanx--

The help files in Flash have a lot of good information concerning this tool. Start there.

Not much to say at this "state". But i think we all started like this.
    Maybe one useful tipp: If you create a button (the ABC), then you have 4 keyframes. Put a box (or a sphere) in the 4th keyframe, called "active" maxed over the hole char, so the button stopps "flickering". Don't mind, what to put inside, you will not see what is in the "active"-keyframe.

so... Have a lot of fun with Flash and oh... welcome to Flashkit-community.

robert.

N E O S T Y L O
    For only a month, your doing OK.

Suggestions:

Add a homepage button so we don't have to go through the preloader all the time!

Make everything a bit smaller! Even at my resolution of 1600x1200, everything still looks huge. It'll save on filesize aswell.

good luck,

Rob

I think you are doing great for the time you have invested. Just keep with it, and keep visiting Flashkit. When you revamp your flash files, choose save as and save multiple copies, that way you can always backtrack and try something new. I had so many "file"abc, or "file"123 flash files, when I was learning. That way you don't lose what you already have vested in an attempt. Just a suggestion.

Arrow

Thankyou for the warm welcome and great advice! : )
    I updated the site...so refresh
    http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/LadyFlashDesign/

PS: While creating in Flash, my gradients look smooth, but
    after publishing, the gradient shows "Rings" . Does anyone how to fix that?
    Thanx ; )

Flash Dabbler
    Use your buttons to jump frames not to new urls, and you will not have to watch the intro every time you look at one of the other pages and return to the main menu.