dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2 advanced-like interfaces

ive heard this style is japanese.... it's kinda 3d (like the graphics 2A has in their accolades section i blieve)

which programs create these? is it photoshop together with 3ds max?

thks!

what? Japanese? it's just an interface really, there are plenty others out there that are completely the same in look and function.

Can you explain further?

mg33

It's actyually a style, not invented by them abnd very popular today and seems to be of japaneses origin from what I heard

Having words/buttons that you can click is a style you can nail down to national origin?

I'm getting a little confused.

mg33

haaa haaa ha ha ha....
    words you can click is a style....
    good one!!!

The graphics (style) are probably created with PS, PSP or ulead PI.

2advanced/acolades section

are you on about the skycraper/wall thing in the background

Where do you get japanese from 2Advanced?!
    How did you get that. 2Advanced is just a sophisticated
    webdesign company, based out of LA! Not japan!
    And just because their style is all sharp and creative, don't mean it is japanese! Usa and the UK has creative people too

A while back, 2A had Japanese Text on the background....you know he has updated his site

hmmmm

Man, do you smoke japanesse weed???? is that it?

creativity wasn't created in japan....I think.....wait...hmmm...well, maybe, maybe not...but still, that style is not japanesse.

argonauta.-7*

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, 2A is not the best example of this new trend of japanese style. In the 2A site, the closest to this style is in the exploratory section. The style is geometrical shapes, with lots of photoshop work, such as blurs, etc. It's kinda hard to define.

I'm not japanese, and I do appreciate art in all its forms. By the way, japanese style has pioneered in many fields. More and more people are turning to their simple and clean style yet perfect balance of aesthethics.

hmmm... i took a look at 2advanced again and I can see what Dufy is saying. There are some styles especially in their exploratory section that reflect japanese style and architecture. If you compare Japanese architecture and their site, I think you will see the Japanese influence in there. Take and look at architects like Tange and Hiroshi, and you should be able to see the similarities. What I find amusing is that they also have subtle Japanese characters throughout the site. Unfortunately if you can't read Japanese, you won't recognize it.

So dufy isn't totally wrong saying that there is some japanese influence.

Nerv_03 has some nice insights and different approach to this. However, when I say it's a japaneses style I didn't mean in Architecture, but actual web design. I think the thread is extending beyond what I wanted it to be, so I considered this discussion closed from my point of view.

Thanks!

im not sure i understand this, i look at the exploratory section and i see a view from the top of a building and a motion blur and that reflects japanese style web design?

that kinda reminds me of "artist", "artist's" that splash paint all over a wall and give us some big long explanation about how it reflects a womans struggle in a male dominated world. hmmm whats the word im looking for...? oh yea BULSH.IT!

rich

Well everyone has their influences in the way they design things: web, posters, buildings, etc. What Dufy is trying to say, their general design is reflecting Japanese design. Don't Japanese buildings look different from American buildings or from any other nation? Doesn't American animation look different from Japanese animation? If you are familiar with the designs of different countries you would see the differences.

As for modern art with splash painting, I hate that type of art. I agree with you. That's BS.

I agree with stone cold