dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SubMinimal

Hybrid View

UNified
    My personal exercise in trying to implement Kroegers Standard 53 font in a website.

http://www.wow-factor.com/minimalintro.html

I realy like his Miniml site and made this poor copy to see if I could keep em sharp.

240k due to the sound tracks, but what the heck.

There is a problem that Im working on. If a site is selected from WORK it should shut down the music in this base site and the scroller in "links" is a bit sus.

Any Comments appreciated.

jofta

Hi jofta,

funny thing... 2 days ago i found miniml.com searching to solve my textbox-problem (u know... this anti-aliasing thing... )
    I'm so fed up with Arial and Verdana, but now everything is best! (You have $100 left? hehe)
    But now to your problem. i guess the sound is a extra movie? So i would, if you press the button simply add a:

on (release) {
    stopAllSounds ();
    // or _root.mymusic.gotoAndStop("shutup");
    //
    }
    or you use a:

onClipEvent(release) { ... }

this works sometimes better...

To problem No.2: It looks like there are two buttons over each other, or the button is too small. Or you have maybe done it twice somewhere...

I would do this with -> onClipEvent... works better. Sometimes buttons don't react properly ...

Hm... hope this will help. Nevertheless... the song is very good... plays since 5 mins and i'm still listening, so don't get crazy if you can't stop it... hehe.
    But the site... it isn't realy minimal... too much "action" and too colorful, but sweet.

robert.

ps: hm... do you mind to mail me the standard font? i found maybe 30 pixelfonts for free, but some missing , the others are only with capital letters and the rest doesn't work with flash...

UNified
    Hi Robert, thanks for comments.

This site was produced with Swish v2. The only Flash in there is that volume control Swf. Ill look into it though.

Yep, the scroller will change to an on press or something like that. Hell may even dump it and put something else in.

Check your email BTW.

Jo

U've done that with swish? Hm... i remember the first version, some cool and sweet textanimations but horrible filesizes... 90k for some text fadein/fadeout...
    Maybe i should take a closer look at version 2, hm?
    if u like, u can send the file to me and i take a look if there aren't any personal files in it.

robert

as i see your signature... do u know how to insert a .swf with the ubb-code? i guess somehow with the img-tag but...
    [Edited by Robert on 02-26-2002 at 05:59 PM]

Flash Dabbler
    Why make the user close the current menu before opening another? Should it not close automatically and open the next? Good job with the mouse-over hints all over.

UNified
    Hi Bill, yep, just a lazy approach before setting up some new content and sprite arrangements.
    Thanks for the feedback.

So have you been to Australia to catch Barrumundi ??

Jofta

Flash Dabbler
    Some day mate!!