A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to make an .exe file for a CD-rom presentation

I'm making a CD-Rom presentation in SWiSH and i want to publish it with a 600x400 size (white background)and a black background around that filling out the remainig of the screen (fullscreen).
    I want to insert the disk and that the presentation starts automaticaly (that's easy), and fits every screen resolution(with the black background making the fullscreen)with no loss of quality.
    Any suggestions about the "right" software to use or can i do it with SWiSH?

Many thanks in advance
    Pianoman

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

I was very much not sure whether there is an export function for .exe in swish nowheredays.. took a look and no. There isnt.

Godthank there's always Google. A search on SWF to EXE got some nice lynda tutorials movie which im gonna have a look at in a minute
    And after another couple of seconds i found this link that might intrest you:

http://buraks.com/swifty/sbpc.html

Swifty, SWF to EXE convert.

Hope its working for you.

Hello,

From Swish export your swi to swf and open it in flash player and then use the create projector under file on the menu. This will create a .exe file so you can copy it on a cd.

Mark

Originally posted by Pianoman125
    I'm making a CD-Rom presentation in SWiSH and i want to publish it with a 600x400 size (white background)and a black background around that filling out the remainig of the screen (fullscreen).
    I want to insert the disk and that the presentation starts automaticaly (that's easy), and fits every screen resolution(with the black background making the fullscreen)with no loss of quality.
    Any suggestions about the "right" software to use or can i do it with SWiSH?

Many thanks in advance
    Pianoman

:: SWiSH Junkie ::
    i dont think u can use swish and the flash player alone to create an exe!
    u have to have the entire flash package [has the standanlone thing in it] on your pc to do that!
    you should do what cruise said and then create the autorun.inf file to acomodate it!

if you do a search on the board u'll comeup with alot of results! and soem threads that has the inf file layout!

UNified
    Like King said there is a lot of info available.

Search result on .exe
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/sear...aily=&pagenum=

Hope it helps

OK. Thank you all
    I now can create an .exe file (with flash player or with the Swiff tool), but is there any way not to show the Barline?
    What i really wanted was to make an exe file that when loaded will present itself in Flashplayer in fulscreen (a white 600x400 window with the remaining background in black)with no Flashplayer's barline or anything else.
    Thanks
    Pianoman

I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT

Dear Pianoman125,

Sorry if I'm late for sending this reply becouse I'm a new member as you see and this is my 1st post before going on and sending more requests to others...

I know exactly waht you mean and I've done it using Swish and no extar Software... Here we go:-

Finihing a Presentation:
    - I've made my Presenatasion as Swish Files and have them linked to eachother
    - The first SWF file was expoted as HTML. and checked my work

Creating a CD:
    - I've copied the following Files at the CD Roots:
    START.EXE
    AUTORUN.INF
    "They can be founmd at any PC Magazine". You only have to modify the INF File to meet your needs. Here is an example:

[autorun]
    open=start Slid01.html

Were SLID01.HTML is my 1st Presenation. And you have to keep all your files at the same root

Good luck and let me know if you need more help or if you want me to send you thoes files. My E:mail is conanmk@hotmail.com

Tata,
    Conan

Hey Cononmk & Painoman,

That works, but you lose the interactivness of Flash and Swish if you goto html. What you get is a movie you can only watch. Why not just stay with the EXE and call that?

I have several different CDs I have done with Swish, that stay as flash files when ran. Granted, I use the Standalone Flash player to convert to EXE, but as mentioned above, you can do that in other ways if you don't have Flash 5. Here's quickly all I had to learn to do to do this....

1) Run the SWF and hit Create Projector File in the Standalone Flash Player to get me EXE files. Basically what I want now is for that file to start up automatically when the CD is inserted. So I've researched autorun on the net and learned how to....
    2) Create an autorun that calls the EXE file. Do this as basic as possible and put the neccesary files in the CD along with the EXE file. You don't need the START.EXE mentioned, unless you're going to call an html o MPEG or something like that. The purpose of getting the EXE f
    file is so it can run by itself.

that's it.

Tremendo
    http://www.tremendo.net
    http://www.tommatz.com

Thanks again, but that part (the autorun and creating the flash projector file) i knew it already.
    What i don't know is how to create an .exe file that when run doesn't show the flash player Barline (Saying "Macromedia Flash...).

i want the user to insert the CD and then:
    1-the app. starts automatically
    2-on screen the only thing that appears is the application window (white rectangle of 600x400) and a black Backround filling the remaining of the window to make the fullscreen.

Thanks
    Pianoman

Maybe I'm missing your point here. In the swish program, set a command at the beginning to go full screen, variable TRUE (I believe). Is that what you're asking?

My CD's start up and goto full screen, nothing but black (or a color I choose) anywhere. It's 100% swish on the screen.

Hi
    If you want a fullproof easy way to go fullscreen ,l have found ***********s Jugglor excellent , it allows you to get rid of menu and window borders etc plus a host of other features .
    Also there is a link to the flash player for dl somewhere in these forums .
    Also if you want just the flash player without flash , the flash5 trial is everywhere ,magazine cds feature it all the the time or dl from macromedia , install this which will also install the standalone player ,then run a swf ,this will activate and lock up the player ,while running your swf uninstall flash trial , you will be left with just the player .
    Rod

Try here for an alternative http://www.mediachance.com but remember whilst you may not want the flash player "showing" for want of a better word, your file has to play in something, even a full screen is just a html page, magic nope, ways to do it yes.

Put a FSCommand - FullScreen - True in the first frame of your SWF file and then create the EXE using Flash Player. Whatever is the bgcolor of your SWiSH movie will be the bgcolor of the area beyond 600x400.

i once tried making an exe with the flashplayer alone. it worked. so i did it again and again to many files. it was great. great untill it eventually made one of my flash files the defualt player! thats right! it screwed up and made one of the exe files the defualt exe for my flash player. and so i tried deleting the file, but then my player didnt work anymore.

dont try it